Elon Musk given Twitter board seat in return for promising not to buy more of company

Originally published at: Elon Musk given Twitter board seat in return for promising not to buy more of company | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Mush! Pay your taxes, deadbeat billionaire.

36 Likes

Sure, but it’s not good work. Certainly not my best.

15 Likes

fODetv

6 Likes

I find it vaguely amusing that the US sanctions Russian oligarchs while doing nothing about the American version.

26 Likes

“I bring you peace in the Twitterverse.”
also
appeasement never works

16 Likes

But he promised not to take more than 14.9% of PolandTwitter!

/s?

19 Likes

And the ego continues to expand. Will there be a Musk 2030 campaign ramping up at some point? Will it be on the GQP ticket, or something more Ayn-ian?

5 Likes

Probably something more Ayn-al - after all, Christ, what an asshole!

5 Likes

At least he can’t run for President.

12 Likes

It’s much harder to extract money from Oligarchs when they don’t come to your coke fueled orgies

1 Like

my advice - quit using twitter

4 Likes

I’m a twitter quitter!

(Actually, that’s a lie. I was never on it.)

4 Likes

No, he’s not originally from the US; so that ain’t gonna happen.

Jingoism is part and parcel of the American Nightmare.

9 Likes

Musk paid $11B in taxes in 2021.

2 Likes

That is like 3% of his networth. It’s like pocket change.

Tax The Rich Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

16 Likes

That’s a useful analogy. So if a dollar were a second, Musk’s taxes would be 350 years, taking us back to the golden age of the Spanish Empire. And his net wealth would be 85 centuries, taking us back to before there was a Spain or any countries or cities or wheels or writing.

10 Likes

He sure does seem fascinated by pedophilia. Almost a bit too fasinated. I wonder about that being his go to insult and put down. Almost a bit creepy.

2 Likes

To prevent you from having more control of the company, we’re giving you more control of the company. ???

2 Likes

He paid a pittance (for him) in one year. And paid that because it increased his wealth to exercise stock options that were expiring.

The man’s a goddamn saint. He should be canonized. For certain values of cannon.

13 Likes