Elon Musk moves to Texas from California

For some reason I initially read it that way, too, despite the fact that I had previously read he was moving to Texas. I somehow though he was already moving back.

4 Likes

Surely he’s living near Austin, as opposed to in the Valley… :astonished:

1 Like

That’s still way closer than California. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Austin has always been Texas’ “Silicon Hill Country” since Texas Instruments and Dell (among others). That’s fertile ground for his (Musk’s) style of “Gault’s Gulch” style of Ayn Randian bullshit libertarianism.

full disclosure: I was born and raised in and around Central Texas Hill Country and did undergrad work at UT Austin.
granted, that was many years ago.

4 Likes

That’s only for manned operations, right? I haven’t toured Johnson Space Center, but JPL in Pasadena seemed to claim unmanned when I visited.

2 Likes

As a proud Texan, please let me be the first to welcome Mr. Mucks to our state.

10 Likes

He’s going to really love sitting in traffic on I-35 in his Tesla. It’ll be just like being back home in Cali.

6 Likes

Are you suggesting the Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Solution?

2 Likes

In all seriousness, it does seem like Texas is a better fit for Elon, as the state has a long history of sucking up to anybody willing to move there. All sorts of incentives have been offered even since WASPs managed to break it off from Mexico, because why the hell would anyone otherwise want to move to Texas? It’s just right for wannabe patriarchs.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.