Elon Musk offers $1 billion to Wikipedia — if they make one simple change

Originally published at: Elon Musk offers $1 billion to Wikipedia — if they make one simple change | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“I’m a not fool” says it all.

40 Likes

Now now, we all know he’s more than just a fool, he’s a bully and a liar as well. I doubt he even has the billions to give away any more, as he can’t afford to sell off any more assets.

29 Likes

I’m sure he’ll put that money is an escrow account controlled by a third party.

19 Likes

“Five-year-old dares a schoolmate to put a carrot up their nose for a day.”

This isn’t newsworthy.

39 Likes

A carrot?! ON THEIR NOSE?!! FOR A DAY!!! Hold the front page!

20 Likes

I willingly financially support the Wikimedia Foundation. I never have and never will give a penny to any of Lone Skum’s misbegotten businesses.

25 Likes

I think EM was in Chrono Trigger.

If you speak to his daughter she hates him too. Who knew that 1990s RPGs could predict the future?

22 Likes

If Wikipedia tries to take him up on this deal, it will work out the way he was willing to help end global poverty-full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

18 Likes

Among the many reasons Wikimedia wouldn’t and shouldn’t take Elon up on the offer is that it’s not worth it for them to go through the legal dispute necessary to actual secure the money from him. He’s already proven he’s not one to willingly follow through.

28 Likes

5 Likes

A bit like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjG5JVWgyWw

The richest man-child in the business

2 Likes

22 Likes

Unrelated but related - I see giant ads here in the meat of the post and it’s almost always Elon or some schlub Ron Jeremy-lookalike and it’s … I don’t get it.
It will be some fake-assed Canadian news segment with the lead anchor saying “Elon Musk has once again created an investment opportunity…”

That ahole is everywhere, every second ad on Xitter is about him too… really tired of seeing that bellend’s face. I adblock at home but at work this garbage gets through… ugggg.

13 Likes

[citation needed]

29 Likes

There’s a cryptocurrency called X Token that runs ads with photos of Musk. The ads are posted from bot accounts, so whoever is running them is at least prepared for the possibility that X might try to shut them down.

4 Likes

Tesla shares fell 10% last week - and that’s what he’s concerned with?

11 Likes

There’s loads of them on YouTube. I’ve given up reporting them.

7 Likes

This is the citation.

11 Likes