Elon Musk puts threat to abandon Twitter deal in writing

Originally published at: Elon Musk puts threat to abandon Twitter deal in writing | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m sure this has nothing to do with the fact that his childish obsession with Twitter has already been trashing the stock price of his other companies:

Tesla stock has fallen almost 40% since Musk’s initial stake in Twitter was announced. The threat of management distraction might be one reason Tesla investors have a less-than-favorable opinion of the deal.

31 Likes

He’s not buying Twitter and never really wanted it. He can just likes to play games for attention and can afford to squander a billion dollars doing it.

25 Likes

When you’re playing games in the Multi-Billionaire League, it isn’t physically possible to spend that much on stuff like hookers and blow.

18 Likes

Too bad he waived due diligence in the purchase agreement! Whoops!

20 Likes

Elon may or may not buy Twitter, but he’s certainly going to guarantee some lawyers a great many billable hours.

27 Likes

That’s my take as well.

17 Likes

Elon Musk has a “right not to consummate”

Well, he’s effing up everything else.

10 Likes
18 Likes

Via Axios

12 Likes

He’s gotten whatever he wanted out of this waste of everyone else’s time and money already. I hope he’s made to pay for it, but I’m not holding my breath.

11 Likes

It’s all good, he has a new-ish project to occupy him:

If my choice is to go to Mars with Elon or stay here in a waterless dystopian hellscape? Well, welcome to the hellscape.

19 Likes

He might abandon the deal. Unfortunately, he’ll never abandon the platform. He’s hooked on Twitter like a 40-a-day smoker, much to the detriment of the rest of the world.

full disclosure - not a user myself (of Twitters that is; still a dirty smoker)

4 Likes

Great graphic, thanks for sharing. There is another variable about costs to get out of the deal but putting in there might make things too complicated - it could come up in several places with differing levels of success at different places on the chart. (E.g., under the court box where the judge doesn’t grant specific performance, there are at least four possible outcomes while Twitter remains public - no payment, $1BN break fee, lower negotiated break fee [I personally view this as low probability], or some higher level of damages/settlement.)

3 Likes

“I wouldn’t want to live on Mars with any group that would have me.”
— Astro Marx

12 Likes

EM is free to build his B arks to take his cult away from here. Until then I just wish he would shut up and hurry up.

17 Likes

Seriously I am so tired of this dude and his ilk. Fucking egomaniacal vampires.

14 Likes

Elon is totally the worst billionaire.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean come on Elon, do those air tanks really need to be that structurally sound? Are you going to let a bunch of nanny minders tell you how much food to take per person? Just pack up and go already, time’s a wasting!

7 Likes

It’s a shame that wasn’t in the deal. “If the deal doesn’t close, your account gets deleted”. All the gyrations to avoid that would be hilarious.

5 Likes