Elon Musk’s neurotech startup Neuralink implanted its device in a human for the first time

And so it begins.

Elon Musk’s neurotech startup Neuralink implanted its device in a human for the first time on Sunday, and the patient is “recovering well,” the billionaire said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Monday.

2 Likes

Mary Mcdonnell What GIF by NETFLIX

5 Likes

This will not end well

Star Wars GIF

9 Likes

I hope the patient was musk, and I hope he shoved it up his own ass.

9 Likes

Musk is the one who deserves the implant, to the extent that anyone does. But they’re presumably trying to figure out if it’s interfacing with the brain properly, and how would you ever tell with his?

3 Likes

16 Likes

I’m not going to believe this until there’s independent confirmation. Musk lies and exaggerates all the time.

8 Likes

Yeah, we have no reason to ever take Musk at his word

2 Likes

13 Likes

If a university researcher wants to do something like that, it has to pass an ethics review. Is there something similar for private companies, or does it just need the patient’s consent?

There are probably thousands of weird nerds that would do and sign anything to get Daddy Musk to notice them, so surely that isn’t enough?

2 Likes

Hey, Musk:

2 Likes

In AMERICA…?

Seth Meyers No GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1 Like

Was it implanted in an otherwise healthy person? Somehow don’t think this person is now “more healthy” with the implant.

https://nitter.privacydev.net/benphillips76/status/1752283367251296750

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.