Elon Musk says civilization will "crumble" if we don't have more babies

I mean I think he’s just a very powerful man who is very ok with getting women out of the work force and completely blind to what a fucked up and negative situation it’s going to create when women are forced into poverty, forced birth, and raising children without resources in a state that primarily uses schools to funnel kids into profitable prisons… He’s very ok with all that. I have to believe it because this is the life his asshole self envisions and throws his goddamned world-changing bags of money at, and that’s how he chooses to brand himself, oh the futurist of tech! … and what’s really funny is he’s going to exploit the shit out of those privileged few working for him and they even know it themselves.

I swear…

14 Likes

Came here to say the same, but you said it so much better.

As population declines and many jobs are turned over to AIs and automation, the old types of “civilization” will crumble. We could move on to something better, if if weren’t for the powerful elite and their obedient minions.

9 Likes

Ah, didn’t read all of the comments before writing: Another good point is that there’s plenty of young people in the global south, so all we have to do is open the border… which also is not a well received point among my fellow Danes. We used to be a fairly rational people, but now no-one seems to be able to go 1+1=2… oh, how I wish I could leave.

2 Likes

That is one of the few things that I actually agree with. Term limits combined with age limits are no assurance that we aren’t ruled by rich old men who are completely disconnected from the day to day reality that 99% of us live every day but it is a start.

4 Likes

Dear Elon, I have all the kids I can afford and can manage. Further efforts are on you. You have more resources.

8 Likes

He has like 6 kids… I don’t think he’s very much involved in raising them other than maybe throwing some money at them.

9 Likes

world population growth this year, 75,800,000

5 Likes

This asshole is gonna be president one day, huh?!

2 Likes

I have eight. I am intimately involved in raising them all, including the ones who have been adults for decades and have given me several grandchildren. Do I win? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nope; he’s not a natural born citizen.

Thank fuck.

That’s what really matters, IMO - being able to take decent care of any offspring you produce.

It’s not a contest.

17 Likes

I’d expect nothing less!

Yes! :grin:

11 Likes

It’s funny. This is written like a defense, but “the world’s richest man is just acting like Bill & Ted without the be excellent to each other part” is…really more of an indictment?

8 Likes

Is Musk the richest, though?

Not that I really care - anyone who is an actual billionaire is an inherently complicit accomplice to the fall of humanity, IMHO…

9 Likes

“Please look at the numbers — if white people don’t have more children, civilization is going to crumble, mark my words.”

Yeah, I can read between the lines, Peado Guy.

8 Likes

It is difficult to imagine that we could do any worse than 45 but Elon may qualify.

Sadly there are near even odds that we will see the return of Trump in 2024.

3 Likes

There are also odds that he will be dead by then. I’m gonna set my sights on those instead…

16 Likes

True, but Elon seems to think it is, and the only score-keeping is done with money and influence. I have enough money and my life is much richer for not scrabbling after more than I need.

I want to admire him, but he makes it difficult. I think he is probably the first Edison of the 21st century, but then, Edison was an asshole too. But Elon really seems to work at it.

9 Likes

Sadly, he’s not the only one with resources who thinks that way.

And FWIW:

Nikola Tesla, the genius for whom he named his car company, is far more worthy of your admiration than Musk is.

16 Likes

Indeed. Yet he died penniless and alone. I’m not sure what the lesson is there.

10 Likes

Fatherhood was never meant to be difficult.
If you can’t spell Helen (X Æ A-12), maybe give it a miss?