Elon Musk says he's willing to buy Twitter again

I think it’s just power without accountability.

12 Likes

It’s a helluva drug.

11 Likes

Nope. They are just showing you who they are and what they actually value. It’s not improving the lot of humanity or contributing to the common good. It’s making money at the expense of the rest of humanity, by whatever means at hand.

13 Likes

But Musk might even be worse. He seems to prefer driving trollies along with his greed.

4 Likes

As much as I love shitposting on twitter, it would be hilarious if he ran that company into the ground. He tried pushing the whole blockchain nonsense proving that he has no clue how to build a web scale app.

3 Likes

doctor who GIF

Doesn’t that go without saying?

7 Likes

Of course. The only reason I signed up for it was for some artists who decided that twitter was the Only One for them to post their work on…

4 Likes

This is from less than an hour ago.

7 Likes

Twitter shareholders have already approved and financing has been underwritten so it’s just a matter of time. Weeks or months; Probably by the end of the year.

More significantly before the mid terms.

2 Likes

And just like that :rofl:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1577726514208149527

5 Likes

I’m so confused. Even after reading comments and listening to Abba. Is he buying it or not buying it?

Aren’t these theatrics about driving the price down, not about backing out?

1 Like

I can almost guarantee he doesn’t know the answer to that question either.

11 Likes

I really have to repeat what I said so the folks in the back of the room can hear it

8 Likes

Banks are still in play.

While Musk will provide much of $44 billion by selling down his stake in electric vehicle maker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) and by leaning on equity financing from large investors, major banks have committed to provide $12.5 billion.

They include Morgan Stanley , Bank of America Corp and Barclays Plc (BARC.L).

Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (8306.T), BNP Paribas SA (BNPP.PA), Mizuho Financial Group Inc (8411.T) and Societe Generale SA are also part of the syndicate.

3 Likes

Seems as if I’m a bank or an investor with that kind of cash there are better ways to make even more money than I could ever need without helping one guy lose a bunch of money.

But they have all the money and I got nothin’ so clearly they know what they’re doing.

4 Likes

So now he totally would buy it if only his financing hadn’t fallen through. Convenient.

7 Likes

Er, Musk’s trial hasn’t stopped, no matter what he told Twitter, says judge

Updated to add on October 8

Elon Musk’s deposition, scheduled for today and tomorrow in Austin, Texas, has been postponed, it’s reported.

According to Reuters, lawyers for Musk and Twitter agreed to hold off the deposition to finalize details of the purchase.

The acquisition process could still take months to complete, and Musk’s initial ask that the trial be stopped immediately required both parties to notify the courts, which Chancellor McCormick said hadn’t been done.

As of this update no additional documents in the case have been filed with the Delaware Court of Chancery. While Musk’s deposition may have been delayed, the trial doesn’t appear to have actually been suspended.

3 Likes

If he doesn’t show, issue a warrant and throw him in jail.

1 Like

Fun fun fun

2 Likes

I think I pitched a softball here. And now it’s out of the park. :slight_smile:

3 Likes