Elon Musk thinks people should work in factories 24 hours a day

Originally published at: Elon Musk thinks people should work in factories 24 hours a day | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Elon Musk thinks people [except for him and other billionaires] should work in factories 24 hours a day

A headline should be brief but I thought I’d expand on this one.

41 Likes

By all means let’s adopt a workplace model that led to the installation of suicide nets on factories.

55 Likes

There you go Mush, someone to fluff your pillow.

x-noveleira-christiane-torloni

34 Likes

Musk concluded his statement by cursing someone named “Lucky Ducky” and shaking his fist in rage.

58 Likes

“They won’t just be burning the midnight oil, they will be burning the 3 am oil, they won’t even leave the factory type of thing, whereas in America people are trying to avoid going to work at all,” Musk said at an FT Live event.

I think what people are trying to avoid is being exploited. :man_shrugging:

42 Likes

This will be remembered as the second gilded age.

22 Likes

The gilded age wishes it was this rich.

30 Likes

That’s assuming that the fascists and their billionaire enablers don’t wipe out reputable historiography.

21 Likes

Yeah, today’s levels of wealth disparity leave the first gilded age in the dust.

30 Likes

Even Elon Musk himself doesn’t live up to that standard.

(He has a couch in the office and has been known to sleep there during the Model 3 “hell months” when things were not working correctly.)

10 Likes

I posted this before, but it bears repeating over and over. The future is here.

35 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. From what I hear H&S is quite shitty in the Gigafactories everywhere.

19 Likes

It’s not uncommon for Chinese factories to have “housing” attached.

16 Likes

A handsome addition to any industrial structure.

22 Likes

He’s describing slavery. Does he think we won’t notice? Does he think people will willingly forfeit their lives to increase his wealth? Cuz, for myself, I’d rather slit my own throat than go down that road.

42 Likes

The modern company town. Musk has just taken the next logical step by removing frills like “rooms” and “personal space”. At least the workers get a 400 yuan allowance (or the equivalent in Muskdollars) to spend at the company store.

30 Likes

Guillotines GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

45 Likes

Musk 2012: ai and robots will replace modern day slavery and make our economy more competitive than China’s within ten years!

Musk 2022: …or you know we could try slaves

48 Likes

Had to change gifs, Quinn beat me

38 Likes