Elon Musk thinks people should work in factories 24 hours a day

8 Likes

Perhaps this is a modern update?

8 Likes

If Musk isn’t careful it’ll be the oil-soaked logs of his funeral pyre people will be setting light to.

8 Likes

Well, I do twelve-hour days. However, I do five, then have four off, then another five, then I have five days off, work four, then five off. Rinse and repeat. This year I also started the year with thirty days holiday to use, which included a ‘Wellness Day’ I can take any time, and a day off for my birthday, which are added to my actual annual leave days.
My work days aren’t exactly onerous, though; I apply vinyl graphics to motoring school cars.

9 Likes

Kinda surprised he’s not doing this:

Over 4,100 corporations profit from mass incarceration in the United States. These corporations include private prisons, which hold valuable government contracts featuring minimum bed guarantees and a fixed price per-prisoner, private companies that stock overpriced commissaries and provide telephone services, and private companies using prison labor in their supply chains.

Cheap prison labor is a powerful labor market incentive against criminal justice reform. The built-in, low-cost workforce benefits the prison industry, which relies on undercompensated labor to keep operating costs low and sell cheap goods to government agencies and private companies. Companies that source prison-produced goods, or themselves subcontract labor from prisons, also benefit from low labor costs.

11 Likes

shh

8 Likes

I’m not, most of those prisoners are black.

4 Likes

Apart from the obligatory (and already posted) ‘Christ, what a massive, gaping arsehole’…

kingsley shut up GIF

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.