End of the United States' "weaponized anthropology" program

[Read the post]

1 Like

The program also served a more insidious function: It became a propaganda tool for convincing the American publicā€“especially those with liberal tendenciesā€“that the US-led occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan were benevolent missions

So who were the targets of the psyops again? Iā€™ll admit it worked on me. I wonder if thereā€™s even a fuzzy line between psyops and marketing?

It just fits right in the national narrative of ā€œweā€™re the good freedom guys, canā€™t do no wrongā€ - thatā€™s what makes it work.

I want so badly for that to be true. I know itā€™s unAmerican of me.

1 Like

Counterpunchā€™s ideology is showing.

And they say you canā€™t make money with a liberal arts degree.

Seriously, guys? You let the contractor hire people who donā€™t speak the language to gather data on the locals? I know that watertight contracting is hard; but you can boil that one right down into a bullet point.

1 Like

Were they also in charge of the tactical kitten and strategic puppy campaign?

A marriage between war and marketing?!?

Imagine the lovely offspringā€¦

In fairness, if I were handed the relatively hopeless task of ā€˜winning hearts and mindsā€™; Iā€™d consider the local puppies to be an excellent place to start. They arenā€™t terribly influential hearts and minds; but they sure are easier to please.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.