Englandland: BBC plans a theme-park

I just hope that there is a pengweng exhibit.

1 Like

From my point of view, that Englandland thing is just insane. I would make sense if Englandland was to be built in North America, Japan or North Korea… But an Englandland in ENGLAND?

Did you know that England already has a huge English theme park with all sort of attractions and museums? It is called LONDON.

2 Likes

At the Blackadder Cafe, the staff mutters contemptuous mock approval when you order the Mister 3 Bean salad while Baldrick ‘foams’ your cappuccino

3 Likes

Don’t order the sausage.

6 Likes

A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy attraction would very hoopy.

3 Likes

I came here to mention Julian Barne’s novel. It’s interesting what is presented as an absurd, though funny, idea in a piece of fiction becomes a business in real life.

1 Like

4 Likes

It will only work if they get the correct level of customer service, for that truely English/British experience.

2 Likes

Best comment in here! It works so perfectly.

Also, I wonder if this would be like Main Street USA in Disney[World|Land] - kinda cute in a quaint way and also kinda creepy.

1 Like

Note for Americans and other aliens: Milton Keynes is a new city approximately halfway between London and Birmingham. It was built to be modern, efficient, healthy, and, all in all, a pleasant place to live. Many Britons find this amusing.
– Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, Good Omens

3 Likes

Freemason central.

1 Like

It’s BETTER than I remembered. “Drop Your Pence in EnglandLand”

Drop Your Pence

The New Towns are weird as fuck. Basingstoke has a really good pie shop, however, which is older than the town itself. Granted, it’s Basingstoke’s sole redeeming feature.

2 Likes

London is not part of England. It has the same relation to England as Monaco does to France.
I’ve lived in London and England, and I much prefer living in England.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.