Enjoy the trailer for the new Doom movie

Would you say you were disappointed by BoingBoing?

5 Likes

And, quite possibly, the best iteration. Frankly, I look forward to a Sweded DOOM.

5 Likes

Wow, this looks like they they didn’t even try to reach TBS movie of the week level of budget here.

Did they just buy out some college students fan movie that was banged out in their spare time?

1 Like

Will there be mods so that I can watch it as Python Doom?

2 Likes

Hopefully they mean Hell literally this time, and not figuratively, like they did in the first movie…

4 Likes

Still waiting for his turn in a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie…

5 Likes

Yeah! New Dune trailer! Ye…

(never-mind.)

Because the first Doom movie was such a huge financial and critical success.

1 Like

They should have just had the Directors and designers of the DOOM 2016 reboot make a new pre-rendered feature length full motion video.

2 Likes

People have already put the work in - now they just need to film it.

Although it gets tricky, as some of the cosplay is, I’m quite certain, already better than what’s in the latest movie:

Also, I only just found out that for the 3DO port of Doom, they started filming some FMV cut-scenes, before abandoning the idea:

It fell short in the box office, but it could have made its money back, eventually. Either way, their takeaway from that film was obviously that they needed to spend less money making a “Doom” movie. Which they clearly did.

Honestly, that would probably cost more than this did.

Filmed in Bulgaria, direct to video.

8 Likes

I think I would prefer to see something made on zero budget, but with much love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Maybe those youngsters who did the “Alien” play could be signed up for the project? :smiley:

3 Likes

like watching a friend play a 1st person shooter.

yawn

1 Like

One of my favourite gaming moments involved me watching a mate play Halflife. He said, “This area is clear…” only for a Bullsquid to appear from the edge of the screen. All three of us gathered around the monitor screamed. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ti Calculator version or nothing!

4 Likes

I love that costume!

5 Likes

…on pedestals, behind secret sliding wall panels.

4 Likes

Twitch suggests yours is not the only opinion on this.

4 Likes

I’ve seen a few different versions of that costume, all impressive. (I think that one is from a cosplayer-turned-pro prop maker.)

There doesn’t seem to be much Doom cosplay (presumably because of so many non-humanoid characters), and the vast majority are “Doomguy” costumes, but some of those are pretty crazy as well:

7 Likes

I still haven’t seen the original Doom movie, the one with The Rock.

2 Likes

consider this; two hours of your life you wont get back…

3 Likes