New trailer for the forthcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves

Originally published at: New trailer for the forthcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves | Boing Boing

2 Likes

It’s been suggested part of the kerfuffle is trying to lock down ownership of mimics, owlbears and such, so that there’s no questions on ownership when they make Owlbears, the Movie, or similar.

3 Likes

Inverse movie trailer theorem: The maximum possible quality of a movie is in inverse proportion to the time between the first release of a trailer and it’s eventual release date.

5 Likes

Which is funny…considering the actual source of some of those ancient monsters

9 Likes

I look forward to watching on home video and being at least mildly entertained.

“I don’t want to see you die…so I’m going to leave the room,” is a great line.

5 Likes

It looks remarkably stupid. I think I will really enjoy watching it when it comes to streaming

5 Likes

Sometimes you’re in the mood for a good stupid movie, or even a bad stupid movie.

I’ve watched Deadpool, The Suicide Squad, and A-Team more times than I could count. None of them are award worthy. A-Team is barely a movie. But they’re great to sit on the couch and turn your brain off.

7 Likes

I agree with the above sentiments, this looks like it’s going to have just the right amount of intentional stupidity to make it watchable. It really feels like they’re attempting the same tone as the most recent Thor movies or Guardians of the Galaxy. I can get behind that.

6 Likes

PLUS Many; You can add the utterly terrible Street FIghter to that list. (I only have it because of the scenery devastation by Raul Julia in his final role. (His scenes are what made the movie even worth watching, TBH.)

As for this movie, I’m likely to go and see it, if only to see if they’ve made an actual Movie That Doesn’t Entirely Suck, which would be surprising considering previous attempts to make a D&D themed movie. (and if not, I’m going with friends, so we can just roast it together. :smiley: )

5 Likes

Oh yes, Street Fighter is there too. Without Raul, that movie is beyond forgettable, but he eats the scenery and it’s awesome

Other favorites I can happily recommend:

• Top Secret
  • Santa Claus vs the Martians
  • Demolition Man
  • Judge Dredd (Stallone one)
  • Super Mario Bros
  • Good Burger
  • Up Periscope
4 Likes
  • Rock and Roll Highschool
  • Airplane
  • Lair of the White Worm
    (and that last one seems to tie back into the trailer we just watched)
4 Likes

That movie. I love everything about it.

2 Likes

Why do some people always undervalue fun. Considering the days of quiet desperation that most people live, fun is one of the most valuable things we have.

This looks like fun.

I’ve never heard Whole Lotta Love at half speed. I recommend it. If you want a laugh, try the trailer at 0.75 playback speed. Everyone sounds drunk.

8 Likes

miss jay gif GIF

Everyone knows that movies aren’t for fun! It’s for ART not FUN! You don’t get to have fun when you’re an adult! All we consume must be weighty and intellectually stimulating! /s

11 Likes

Yes, it looks like a whole lot of fun. I’ll probably see it in a theater soon after release.

So sue me!

3 Likes

Will prob watch it, but wont be going the cinema to see it, as it will be full of kids who talk all the way threw it and play on their phones, the cinema is just dead to me these days.

1 Like

Fun IS intellectually stimulating.

4 Likes

Bill Hader Yes GIF

4 Likes

Never heard of this one…I am adding it to my viewing list based on the recommendation.

3 Likes

It’s a very strange, mostly intentionally funny, movie. Plus you get a very young Hugh Grant and Peter Capaldi! It may be Ken Russel’s most accessable film.

3 Likes