Spectacular ad for D&D movie Honor Among Thieves

Originally published at: Spectacular ad for D&D movie Honor Among Thieves | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wow, a non-spoiler movie ad!

9 Likes

Except that the guy and Carlos the dwarf are dissolved in black ooze at the end.

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

If they’re wondering where Daniel Desario is they should go through Bill’s collection of Spider-Man comics.

6 Likes

That was awesome!

Now do Stranger Things!

10 Likes

Holy crap that made my day. I’m going to go see that movie just to support whoever made that ad. :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

#WonderfulThings

11 Likes

I really enjoyed it. It was the right mix of humor and playing it straight, and it really felt like the screenwriters/directors have spent time at an RPG table and know what shenanigans players and their PCs get up to.

4 Likes

yesterday i learned that Chris Pine actually plays, and he tried to get a game going while they were filming. i’m unclear if it happened, but still – very cool all the way around. and now a F&G connection? i’m so happy right now.

4 Likes

Kristin Chenoweth Nbc GIF by Hairspray Live!

And some fun reference material for those who aren’t “in the know”…

(Still amazed by Martin Starr’s acting range…)

4 Likes

I am so, so happy about this ad. And yes, do one with the Stranger Things cast, too!

2 Likes

Sam Weir(d) wrote and directed the new movie so guessing he had a large part in making this awesome ad too

4 Likes

I am imagining a truly subversive move: filming D&D, but playing GURPS.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.