Enjoy the trailer for the new Doom movie

I quite enjoyed it at the time; but then I like Dwayne Johnson and Karl Urban, so I’m probably biased. The first person shooter sequence was something we hadn’t seen done to that level before. Also, there is one moment where the film almost becomes great (when one character orders everyone to do the logical thing), only for the story to follow a well traveled path.

2 Likes

I think Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike was great. The movie should not be expected to be the pinnacle of fine cinematography, but it’s enjoyable to watch and laugh at the continuity mistakes and the horrible CGI.

2 Likes

In the kitchen…

1 Like

True. I’d argue it was perfected a decade later in 2015’s Hardcore Henry.

2 Likes

There is a 1947 film called “Lady in the Lake” that uses a first person perspective; though camera technology of the time means it is a bit less hectic than “Hardcore Henry” :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d watch a Doom movie done in the style of Hardcore Henry. Less cognitive dissonance y’know.

Ugh I wanted to like Hardcore Henry but that first person perspective was so, so obnoxious as a full length film. Not recommended. Stick to the music videos for that!

The best parts of the first Doom movie are Rossmund Pike. Apparently that space station was rather chilly:wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.