Enjoy this AI-generated album in the style of The Beatles

It’s as if John listened to their worst outtake of “What’s the New Mary Jane?” and said, “No, it’s much too coherent.”

1 Like

I swear, I’ve heard this sort of almost-english dialect before…

2 Likes

You caught me - that was flamebait on my part.

Just checking to see if there were any other EDM heads in the house :laughing:

How could there be such intense rivalries between subgernes of house music if it was actually literally indistinguishable?

Like any niche culture or connoisseurship, different genres of house music may sound similar to outsiders, but be as different as night and day to those familiar with its history and nuance.

Fun fact: its even MORE fun trolling people into classical music. Beethoven, Debussy, and Copeland all sound the same to me… I bet the AI could make one song that sounded like all of them, and no one could tell the difference.

1 Like

Anyone who tries playing gatekeeper for artists, is setting themselves up for failure.

As stand alone music, this isn’t terrific art. But computer programmers still get to play at art. And the output of the software they’ve created here is less interesting than the software itself.

Music -the way I hear it- is made of ideas, and this album seems made of the averages of other peoples ideas, rather than ideas themselves.

But I’d be curious to hear what the machine would do with nursery rhyme songs, or movie soundtracks.

2 Likes

You know how cilantro tastes like soap to some people? That’s the Beatles for me. If you like the Beatles…well, this is what they sound like to people who don’t like them.

2 Likes

The fact that AI in its best effort might come up with something as flat, boring and uninspired as this, something totally deprived of any spark of the genius that was the blueprint of the Beatles, is somehow refreshing… really makes you realize there’s no sub for the human mind…

1 Like

If you trained an AI with this song, would it spit out a song in Italian? Or English?

Sounds like the AI had a really bad acid trip. Musically this is horrible. I see a few “not bad for AI” comments and I think “good thing i never bothered with the bad stuff”.

1 Like

Modern production “cooler”? You must be mad!

It sounds nothing like the Grateful Dead and not much like The Beatles.

1 Like

I mean… that jab was really only based on the first AI generated track and:

Didn’t have time to scrub through 200 5-hour long jam sessions… but AI just might some day.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.