Entire National Mall to close on Inauguration Day amid security concerns

I think with the potential for watching the start of a civil war from the comfort of your own home is going to ensure everyone is watching the inauguration.

2 Likes

Maybe outside. They should really be sterilizing the inside.

6 Likes

Of course. But It’s healthy for a society to attend to the present emergency, fix it, and return to a less paranoid normal. Perhaps, in 2024, when Kamala Harris is elected in her own right, things will be different, and Obama, Biden, even Bush will be there on the capitol in front of a few hundred thousand spectators.

3 Likes

The difference is that Biden doesn’t need to have the biggest inauguration crowd. He knows he is president, he won the election, he doesn’t need to prove it again.

17 Likes

I fear that it will be quite some time, even after the inauguration, before the National Mall is safe to open again. We are literally talking about multiple, well-armed terrorist groups active in the US right now.

January 6 was not September 11, but it could have been, and the people behind it are still out there.

6 Likes

The Presdient-elect already said weeks ago that he didn’t want crowds to turn up because of the pandemic.

5 Likes

Now picture what kinds of shitshows the other timelines that time travelers could have tried to switch us to must have been to make this the best one. I think I got the tenses right.

This is the one timeline Doctor Strange saw in which Donald J. Thanos could be defeated???

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure this was the ipsum lorem timeline, a mockup never meant for production.

5 Likes

Hey, mamaGoose and I bopped down to city hall and did the quiet and intimate thing, and we’re at 19 years this Feb. Are we doing a hashtag for a small, private ceremony at city hall yet? #Elopuration? #inaugulope?

8 Likes

Inaugulope is kinda fun to say, and sounds like it would be an animal, like a tiny deer.

10 Likes

WAY too high of a security risk until they clean out the Qanon caucus. Who knows where they hid firearms when they blustered past the metal detectors?

11 Likes

Bleaching the shit out of the place and “Silkwood showers” for all remaining staff.

6 Likes

Dammit, you make these types of changes in the test universe not the production one!

You really don’t want to know!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.