Joe Biden and Kamala Harris tell supporters to watch inauguration from home, don’t travel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/15/joe-biden-and-kamala-harris-tell-supporters-to-watch-inauguration-from-home-dont-travel.html

11 Likes

So refreshing that Biden’s very first act as President will be “behaving like a rational adult who values human lives over photo ops.”

44 Likes

I predict Trump will compare crowd photos of his inauguration to Biden’s and boast that he’s more popular even though the evidence of Biden being sworn in is proof it’s not true.

32 Likes

I was thinking it’s actually face-saving for both sides. You know trump was going to be a petty loser and not show up for the inauguration anyway. Now Biden’s team can just shrug and say “well we did tell people not to come”

Edit: in fact, maybe now trump WILL show up just to prove they can’t tell him what to do :laughing:

10 Likes

I figure on January 20th (if not earlier) he’ll be on a plane to somewhere with golf courses and without an extradition treaty with the United States. He may claim that he’s going for a “well-earned vacation” or some such nonsense for his cultists, but we know he’s really going to be trying to save his own keister from state charges in New York.

9 Likes

maybe this is biden tossing donald a bone by guaranteeing that donald’s inauguration really was bigger than biden’s.

3 Likes

What a breath of fresh air hearing reasonable and sane messages from our elected officials. A glimmer of hope for the coming new year. Fingers crossed.

7 Likes

Well then, we need to make certain that the maximum possible number of people live-stream the Biden inauguration to say it has the largest ever audience!

5 Likes

“CROWDS AT SLEEPY JOE INAUGURATION SMALLST OF ALL TIEM! SO SAD@!!”

(Ok, that was funny - tried to post and bot said, “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?”)

11 Likes

I used to think this was nonsense, but now I’m not so sure. There are more potential avenues of escape from Mar-A-Lago than from DC.

He can just abscond from there with as much cash from his suckers as he can reroute to some shitty “no questions asked” bank.

4 Likes

I don’t buy that he’ll skip town, actually. I think he really believes he’s a) done nothing wrong, and b) is above the law (doubly so now that he’s been president). He’s so extraordinarily egotistical, that any advice to run will be met by obstinacy on his part.

10 Likes

From now on, he’s T****

3 Likes

All bullies are cowards, so this is a safe bet.
Also, I look forward to T**** being denied entry to more preferable destinations.

2 Likes

It would be truly hilarious if he tried to escape from Mar-A-Lago by boat, with a flotilla of Trumpkins around him, and their poor seamanship caused interference wakes that sank his vessel. :rofl:

7 Likes

I actually requested tickets from my Senator already. I can ride my bike to get there (it’s gonna be a coooooold 30 min on the bike). Hopefully I get a set of tickets! I’ll wear a body condom if that’s what it takes!

3 Likes

You know … I don’t mean to be a dick, but technically if you’re riding your bike, you’re traveling, and you’re also not watching the inauguration from home.

I’m in easy walking distance and will be cheering President Biden and Vice-President Harris on from my living room.

I respond by saying:

1. People bike and run and walk every day on roads and trails.
  2. We were told when we requested tickets that they would be very limited because of distancing requirements.
  3. If we don’t get tickets, we aren’t going to go down to the Capital.
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.