Entire Waffle House pitches in to get High School graduate to the ceremony

Originally published at: Entire Waffle House pitches in to get High School graduate to the ceremony | Boing Boing

9 Likes

The heart warming story of how an oppressive corporate oligarchy convinced a young man that he was not entitled to attend his own graduation, which represented his first minor step to getting out from under the foot of their oppression, a symbol so small, but so powerful as to potentially topple their immense con job on society.

11 Likes

200w

7 Likes
4 Likes

As if delicious carbs and the promise of late-night, chemically enhanced brawls weren’t enough, now Waffle House is luring me in with heartwarming drama!

4 Likes

This is indeed wonderful, but if they’re running all over town getting clothes and rides together, who’s watching the Waffle House!?!

3 Likes

The Waffle House watches itself.

4 Likes

Exactly. It’s great to hear that one or more persons made a charitable contribution of time, effort, or money to help someone out. (Or to hear someone wins the lottery who needed money for education, health care costs, or because of chronic poverty.)

And we see these stories all the time in the media. And most people stop right there and come away with the pleasant feeling that “the system works.”

The system is not working if the sole solution to the problems these people face is: chance.

6 Likes

Matthew 6: 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men.

3 Neither post thine alms on thy corporate insta, that thou may reap unearned media worth far more than the cost of letting a minimum wage employee take a couple of fucking hours off. Verily I say unto you, the Waffle House have had their reward.

4 I knowest not, perhaps this mount has bad acoustics or something; yea, it feelest like I talketh unto mine self over hither

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.