Woman posed as Waffle House worker and stole from the register after her fake shift

Originally published at: Woman posed as Waffle House worker and stole from the register after her fake shift - Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m trying to decide if that much could possibly equate to a shift at awful waffle? :thinking: With tips, I mean…

8 Likes

Weird M.O.… If you’re going to go through that much effort why not just get a real job at Waffle House instead of risking prison time? Granted, you’d have to stay around for more than two hours at a stretch but you could pull the same sting as many times as you wanted. Many more times than you wanted, probably.

9 Likes

I’m actually kind of impressed

6 Likes

“Fast food restaurants hate this one weird work hack”…

3 Likes

some of us poor pilgrims don’t have nary a clue what a “Waffle House” amounts to…

6 Likes

Given that she actually worked, this seems like the worker equivalent of wage theft. And thus, in all fairness, worthy of exactly the same level of prosecution… (i.e. none).

2 Likes

Hahahaha!!! Georgia wins in the race for the most Waffle Houses!!!

Episode 101 GIF by BET Plus

So blessed to live in this great state!!!

ludacris-ATL-welcome

Anyways, it amounts to deliciousness at 3 am!

8 Likes

Evening shift at WH means drunk people. $130 could be one tip.

3 Likes

Depends on the shift… that’s really only true during the night shifts, I’d argue. And while you could be left a drunken $130 tip, you could also end up with… not so pleasant things left by drunks… It’s always a gamble!

7 Likes

Too true!

3 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

4 Likes

I like Waffle House, though it is rare that I indulge, as my GF and child do not.

3 Likes

Also:

4 Likes

Establishments that focus primarily on doughy breakfast consumables seem to attract the worst people.

… although I think “Saturday Night Live” is immensely overrated I still wouldn’t call it a crime

2 Likes

Wow, a smart criminal! I would have normally expected the criminal to be caught immediately because they wore an IHOP uniform to the Waffle House or some such. :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.