Woman arrested for breaking into restaurant and making a $500 salad

Originally published at: Woman arrested for breaking into restaurant and making a $500 salad | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Good to know that funny shit still happens on Broad Street! :+1:

11 Likes

“theft by taking”.
isn’t that redundant? or at least defining it with itself?

17 Likes

tumblr_mgv52sL1O11s3hkaco1_500

18 Likes

How much of the salad was tossed?

8 Likes

$500? Was it all truffles on a bed of lettuce?

3 Likes

Probably $500 worth of ingredients had to be discarded. At current prices, that’s two heads of lettuce and a bag of carrots.

14 Likes

20 Likes

There are other forms of theft, legally speaking. Theft by deception and theft by conversion, for two.

13 Likes

Given the amount of news coming from Georgia lately, I would have to believe the state slogan is: “Les Miserables State”

1 Like

However much, it was very well-dressed, for sure!

4 Likes

Lots of other examples around: the much more common wage theft, for example, involves no actually tell tale loss of property or the snatching away of the money substances.

9 Likes

Keeping a rental car would be an example of a theft where the taking isn’t part of the crime. I think they are drawing that general distinction.

2 Likes

Or two eggs.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s a lot less funny. :wink:

4 Likes

and all of it boils down to taking something not yours.
i understand the need for separate legal definitions that really just compartmentalize the taking
but IANAL, so what the fk do i know for nuthin?

4 Likes

Balsamic vinegar, I’m looking at you. The "traditional " stuff is a dollar a ml or more.

1 Like

In this case, theft of self-respect though this one feels like an oxymoron so it doesn’t really help.

1 Like

Disappointed. I was expecting a ton of lettuce dad jokes.

2 Likes

Oh, they’re there, all right. It’s just hard to notice them when 90% of them are hidden below the surface.

5 Likes