Epic twitter thread from a guy who became an accidental heroin smuggler

I don’t know if I believe this guy, but a pot dealer forgot what he was doing and gave me back double my change one time. /s

11 Likes

That made me happy after an 8 hour class, gloomy bay area weather, and dreading writing a paper for three days. Thanks fiction-dude, like totally LoL you’re not dead… yet.

1 Like

After all is said and done, he has a career on Car Talk.

6 Likes

Getting 50 000 dollars or so for having to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life doesn’t seem to me as good or clever a trade-off as this story suggests.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hit and Smack, the Ratchet Brothers

1 Like

You’re a soft touch. I didn’t believe the story as soon as we came to the “Helpful Policeman Arrives Just As Drugs Are Discovered And Are Now In Plain View” episode.

And, for reals, any rational person should be paranoid about lying about cheating the MS-13, let alone actually cheating them.

Given his initial traveling and his later shameful acts, wouldn’t the transition be from Ranger to Rogue?

4 Likes

Even if true (which I doubt very much) - the story line is “Accidental heroin smuggler willfully becomes heroin dealer”.
Nothing “epic” about that.

4 Likes

Worse. Ranger to Bard.

That’s my biggest peeve with the thing.
For me, the story became totally unbelievable when he gets into the scam/ordeal/dialogue of selling the van back to the drug-guy – but his misuse of TL;DR sticks in my craw more than the waste of my time of the whole thing being a lie.

Ranger is/was the weirdest of classes: Every 5 lvls and you got to choose to be more racist.

I was totally on board with the guy and his buddy buying matching motorcycles (how cute) for a cross country road trip, and then discovering halfway through that traveling long distances on motorcycles kind of sucks and buying some old beater van instead.

That said, looking back even in that part he was adding the kinds of vague details that should have started twitching the needle on the bullshit meter.

BINGO!

2 Likes

Wow, the guy is even dumber than I thought. The selection of tweets I read didn’t include a date, so I assumed the story was set past the statute of limitations. :-/

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.