Epic twitter thread from a guy who became an accidental heroin smuggler

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/21/epic-twitter-thread-from-a-guy.html

2 Likes

Fun story, but my bullshit meter was pegged pretty hard once he started dealing with the original owners. Like they can tell the guy messed with the packaging but didn’t bother to check the drugs during their test drive? Bull fucking shit.

26 Likes

I’ve watched enough Narcos to know that just because the pusher and his friends are in jail doesn’t mean he’s in the clear. He would be quite dead.

Plus, he’s admitted publicly to selling a large amount of heroin in 2016? Yeah, there’d be lots of interest in this story - from the DEA!

17 Likes

Unfortunately he just disclosed exactly who he is and in a roundabout way also pinpointed exactly who he ripped off. Wouldn’t be hard for any of his gangbanger buddies to track him down now.

10 Likes

Yeah, at that point, it wasn’t all that convincing as fiction, even.

10 Likes

yep, it’s a fun story that i 100% do not believe is true. i’d watch the movie, though. i’m thinking a young Matthew McConaughey and Aaron Paul

6 Likes

I love stories like this that seem to have have a grain of truth somewhere (like, he probably found some drugs in a van he bought and sold them to someone else) and then morphs from the telling and retelling into something else entirely that doesn’t even come close to passing the straight face test.

They buyers knew I had put the brick back in, but didn’t bother to actually open it! The drug dealers just happened to be staying at the same hotel I was in the room below mine! I have enough knowledge of selling drugs to know who to sell an insane amount of heroin to and how much it would be worth, but not enough knowledge to know that stealing from real drug dealers is a terrible, no good idea that will not end well. I am still alive after I stole $50k from an MS-13 gang member who knew my name and contact information!

16 Likes

White guy gets by on bumbling luck and privilege. I feel like I’ve seen that movie too many times. Imagine how different this story would be if the protagonists were black or latino! Can you imagine society’s response if somebody made a movie about a black guy making an opportunistic drug deal?

Instead of something compelling, complex or suspenseful, Hollywood would turn this carcass of a plot into into a crass buddy movie.

7 Likes

He also admitted to tax fraud.

Second half of the story smells like week old fish, and name dropping MS-13 is the icing on the cake.

7 Likes

And if you think I was an asshole for selling someone else’s drugs and ripping the guy off…he…uh…was a child rapist!

10 Likes

Also, if he sold heroin then he’s a complete piece of shit.

10 Likes

A black man of my acquaintance says that Fake It Till You Make It “only applies to white folks.”

9 Likes

Fun story.

If it’s a true story the guy’s a moron for giving up details that threaten his life, both from a famously violent gang, and/or the DEA.

He put this much work into a twitter thread, he should have just typed up the screenplay. Or maybe that’s the ploy here-- he already has the screenplay and this is part of his pitch to drive up interest.

12 Likes

White men, to be precise:

Although, to be fair, she did make it pretty far…

6 Likes

Yeah, he knew what he had and decided it was worth the cash to ruin lives.

3 Likes

This post needs a “Read More” because it kills blog view.

1 Like

Clearly this lame fuk doesn’t understand what TL;DR means.

3 Likes

Can Aaron Paul be Jake Paul instead and then murdered at the end of the movie, but it’s real and he’s dead

3 Likes

I won’t go into all the details, but I managed to sell it all to one person. It was lower risk. Plus, I’m not a drug dealer.

Paladin has changed classes to Fighter after alignment change.

8 Likes

this happened