Eric Trump says he won't be indicted because "guess what, we've always lived amazingly clean lives"

When he gets so impassioned in the last clip, I’m getting a Screech (Saved by the Bell) vibe.

6 Likes

He’s enough of a moron to believe that the family’s toady, Weisselberg, is going to take the fall for them. That scnhook is going to flip like a pancake.

15 Likes

Maybe they should have laundered that money a couple more times, for the stubborn stains.

8 Likes

He hasn’t so far. Really, he’s only looking at a few years in minimum security. If he flips on his employer, he’s unemployable. Even though Trump is unlikely to do much for him in return for his silence (because Trump) his demonstrated loyalty will probably get him work with some other plutocrat.

4 Likes

“Well, I used to be bad when I was a kid, but ever since then I’ve gone straight, as has been proved by my record: Thirty-three arrests and no convictions!” - Big Julie from Chicago, “Guys and Dolls”

11 Likes

Hopefully, Weisselberg has noticed how well the Trumps looked after Rudy Giuliani, once he got into hot water.

6 Likes

In both those clips he immediately tries to change the subject.

I can see him in court being asked a question and replying “but what about Hunter Biden???”

12 Likes

At his age and with his current legal status, his career is over anyhow. No one will now hire him after the stain of the indictment/conviction, and the Trumps are notorious for throwing even the most loyal under the bus.

Right now I suspect it’s at the “gotta make it look good” phase, that he can’t simply flip, it has to look like the prosecutors got the goods during their pursuing of him.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure if the “Squirrel!” defense actually works in a legal setting.

2 Likes

Wait!
What was that about 'Finger Paintings"?

1 Like

Meh. Liars always lie about lying.

4 Likes

Heh. Good luck with that, Eric.

1 Like

Mary Trump thinks that Weisselberg may not flip, but if any of her cousins get pulled in and charged, they’ll flip on their father in an instant. She says their relationship with him is transactional, and they have no actual familial loyalty to him at all.

15 Likes
9 Likes

He probably doesn’t need to work at his age except as a way to keep covering his tracks with the trump businesses. I doubt anyone would touch him for accounting after this whether he’s convicted or not because that would paint a big bullseye on their company as soon as the IRS got wind of it.
Edit: Sorry, @fnordius already said basically the same thing.

7 Likes

Clean… as in cultivating deniability by employing numerous disposable go-betweens; employing “creatively accommodating” accountants (read: scapegoats); off-shore banks; and a Byzantine web of shell entities? That kind of clean?

6 Likes

No, he just means their money is well-laundered.

8 Likes

He also wrote a book openly admitting as much, champ. So not only is he slightly less of a pathetic failson than you, and more likeable, and less criminally suspect – he’s also effortlessly better than you at getting away with crime, which is supposed to be your disgusting family’s one talent.

It blows my brains that they keep deliberately inviting this comparison.

12 Likes

That’s an interesting thought. I struggle to believe Turmp will face criminal consequences, but money is a different story, and no one is going to write off millions of dollars in debt just because he used to be technically a president.

If he ends up flat broke, with no real estate and no line of credit, how destitute could he become? He’ll always have Jim Bakker-style opportunities (laziness permitting), but I could picture a world where that’s all he has. It would be fun to see.

7 Likes

Yes, Eric is living the dream … no … wait … living in a dream

2 Likes