Escape your racist relatives with this aptly-named Thanksgiving cocktail

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/27/escape-your-racist-relatives-w.html

7 Likes

A better solution: don’t visit relatives you don’t like.

16 Likes

Yep. Before, during and after.

4 Likes

Instead of

4 Likes

Not an option when the relatives you like invite the ones you don’t.

8 Likes

Nice plan…it would be a shame if something were to spoil it.

7 Likes

Somehow the ‘cocktail’ of choice at my relatives’ house is half-frozen Mike’s Hard Lemonade, which I loathe, and have told them as much, but they insist that it’s my favorite drink and buy it in quantity “just for the occasion” every time.

9 Likes

Change your wifi password to “impeach45”, that’ll fix em. Tell me how that turns out…

12 Likes

One option would be to invite the relatives you like first, and leave the racist bastards out.

1 Like

Drunk uncle was always a great bit…

snl-drunk-unc-fab

5 Likes

eww. That isn’t booze that is hangover in a bottle.

3 Likes

The problem is that I am not the host. My condo is too small to fit the family for thanksgiving. So I am not in charge of the inviting.

2 Likes

I’ve taken to infusing some vodka with fresh mint for a few days, adding peach schnapps, and some peach-flavored seltzer.

Yup. That’s a Peach-Mint cocktail.

Serve in a 45-oz glass. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Exactly so. And I am baffled as to how they can cram that much sugar into one bottle.

3 Likes

That’s always worked quite well for me. :sunglasses:

As long as it isn’t boofed. Safety tip.

…not at all? :crazy_face:

1 Like

I just moved across the country. No racism whatsoever, and I get to spend holidays with chosen family.

1 Like

My uncle?
That guy with the beard is young enough to be my kid.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.