"Eugene the M16" is a "Cute, Squishy, Tactical Japanese Kawaii Style Assault Rifle" (and yes, it's real)

Originally published at: "Eugene the M16" is a "Cute, Squishy, Tactical Japanese Kawaii Style Assault Rifle" (and yes, it's real) | Boing Boing

1 Like

Hey, if you have to sleep with a gun, at least this one won’t end with you killing your kid as they try to sneak back in after going out late at night.

15 Likes

A child can never get too early a start at becoming a school shooter.

11 Likes

I think I have seen super deformed airsoft guns thst look like that.

5 Likes

It is absolutely pathetic that they had to define kawaii for their target audience

How can a squishy be tactical or minimalist?

It’s an ugly concept and an ugly design

11 Likes

I imagine that a real Japanese Kawaii M16 would look a lot better than that drab pillow. It looks like Mike Lindell had input in its design.

17 Likes

Oh, crap. Ripping of SquishMallows, which are pretty much a rip off already. God, I hate this timeline.

9 Likes

I’m sure most of us will be in agreement here that this is in terrible taste and does nothing to move the needle on reducing gun violence, which derives from our abject worship of weapons. Meanwhile, the same folks who censor women’s breasts on television will happily promote gun culture all the live long day, which is truly a sad indictment of the values of a large portion of our nation.

17 Likes

Tokyo Marui M16 Mini found it.

6 Likes

Joy, happiness, and freedom.
Quite the catch-phrase.
What next? A gun themed crib mobile?
Wait…The New Yorker got there first.

A sick product from sick minds.

19 Likes

You can say what you like about Vladimir Putin but you can’t say he doesn’t have personality…

Personality

/Jking

4 Likes

I looked over this guys other projects. They are all gimmicky “tactical” tchotchkes, including the same hair clip several times. This stuff is so meh I don’t think it could even make the Bud K catalog.

Anyway, evidently he is hardly the first person to come up with this idea. There were several of examples on a quick search, including a whole series on an airsoft site.

6 Likes

Travel hardened?

So they take the subway?

3 Likes

No. Just… NO.

Actual “AR Pistols” (which are a Thing, and are as awful as one can imagine) are a classic example of “Let’s take a firearm that operates moderately well and make it as awful as possible, because some schmuck will buy it.”

As to the pillow? Also Just No. (I can offer up an explanation of the pillow’s “name”: the M16 was designed by a Eugene Stoner working for Armalite, IIRC.)

They are part of Meal Team Six, you know. /sarcasm, silly

6 Likes

Mrs Maisel GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

6 Likes

so its actually one guy? and the goal was a measly 1000 bucks? sounds like he got an accidental shipping from china, sits already on dozens (hundreds?) of those pillows in his garage and now tries to make a quick buck trough bullshitting on kickstarter (kickstarter still exists?!?)…

3 Likes

OH yes. I have backed several indie comics using it. Several from an artist I like from the UK and the shipping kills me. :confused:

5 Likes

It’s a (in)decent grift, if relatively small in scale

I can’t imagine those are costing more than a dollar or two each to manufacture, less with any sort of volume.

4 Likes

oh. oh okay, that is interesting; thank you.

thats what I tought.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feature! :heart::rainbow:
Together we shall be bring joy, squishiness, and tacticalness to the world, one pillow at a time.
P.s. More have pledged on the Kickstarter since the publishing of this. :partying_face: