"Eugene the M16" is a "Cute, Squishy, Tactical Japanese Kawaii Style Assault Rifle" (and yes, it's real)

Good question. It’s more like $9 to manufacture and ship + lots of fees (e.g. child safety certifications) and taxes. Shipping alone via air fright is about $5.5k for only 1000. (Of course a lot less via sea freight, but it takes 30-60 days)

go the fuck away, please! this is not the place to advertise your insane gun-worshipping bullshit!

9 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!

How Do You Sleep Lol GIF by ABC Network

7 Likes

You know what the no. 1 killer of children is in America right now. Guns.

This shit isn’t cute. We’re in a fucking crisis and making death sticks cute and cuddle does not help…

16 Likes

The people at your company who thought of this ought to be deeply ashamed of themselves, promoting the fetishization of firearms, and marketing it to kids.

15 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

All some people ever think about is how to line their pockets, even if it’s on the backs of dead children… And we wonder what’s wrong with our country… Shit like this.

14 Likes

Welcome5

14 Likes

And a not-so-fond farewell to Spammy McSpamface.

9 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before someone puts a real gun in one of these, assuming the manufacturer doesn’t already have a ‘tactical pocket’ ready to conceal a gun in the thing already.

2 Likes

Cheer Applause GIF by Peanuts

6 Likes

We love minimalist gadgets, mixed martial arts, Jesus, and mountains.

What Would Jesus Do?

NOT THIS.

9 Likes

How did he post three times?

4 Likes

who the fuck cares? hes gone now…

(-ahem- to answer your question; he deleted the second post before posting a third time.)

7 Likes
2 Likes

Ya know, Kickstarter also ought to be reminded that this isn’t a good or cute thing.

Serious In The Zone GIF by LAIKA Studios

ETA: Hey, look at the “prohibited items” list on Kickstarter! Go down to the last one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited?ref=rules

Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories.

Does it count? Yes, it’s a plushie, but it’s a plushie representing a weapon.

They certainly seem to like knives, too. Half this stuff wouldn’t make it through TSA.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/tacticouture

11 Likes

Now I am considering joining Kickstarter just to report this awful product.

5 Likes

Took me forever to find the report button but it’s done now

6 Likes

… oh okay

I thought this was an actual gun that could be fired

I guess “yes, it’s real” meant something else :thinking:

1 Like

Plushies can have dangerous content

4 Likes

Got to turn them into no-plow shares. [Watches that show with a spider for the under 6 mo. set with the companion reader. So serious about EDC.]

1 Like