Meme-obsessed gunman killed after opening fire in Dallas courtroom

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/17/gunman-killed-after-opening-f.html

7 Likes

Sigh. Sigh. Big sigh.

14 Likes

Yet he choose to go full commando gear for his Swan Song of idiotic desperation. I’m disappointed Waifu Pillow wasn’t there.

17 Likes

#NotallWaifupillows
Too soon?

24 Likes

The AK with a drum magazine is surely the important part of the photo… :-/

9 Likes

That image hits a little close to home. One of the local fascists we’ve been dealing with runs around in armor regularly and has taken to making death threats to local organizers. Wake me up when we’re back on a timeline that makes sense.

39 Likes

That’s an RPK in the picture. I kind of feel like that’s probably an airsoft gun instead of the real thing. It seems like the Venn diagram circles of people who own actual RPKs in the US and people who own waifu pillows probably don’t overlap.

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, but that picture invites scrutiny.

This whole thing is bizarre. When’s the last time we had a shooting rampage with no victims? Is this a suicide by cop disguised as an active shooter?

16 Likes

Holo deserved a better husbando

12 Likes

I’m not sure why you didn’t do due diligence on this, but it’s a meme image and not him.

18 Likes

Call this in to your local FBI office asap.

23 Likes

Google Image search confirms this

10 Likes

In Texas, I think they may.

Remember those open carry numskulls at Chipotle in Dallas?

8 Likes

The authorities have been informed, but I am roughly as likely to call my local FBI office about a matter that touches on politics as I am to saw my own arm off. The authorities don’t care.

10 Likes

kimmy-schmidt-white-nonsense-was

22 Likes

The gun in the video looked like an AR knockoff. So you are probably right about the fake RPK.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a meme. Doesn’t mean it isn’t him in the armor, mind you, but I would like to see BB provide some evidence that this is him since it’s the main claim of the headline. Can’t tell if it is really him, just a meme he posted, or Rob driving trollies the shooter. The FB link to it is dead. So I don’t know.

5 Likes

Disappointed in the apparently fake news here.

1 Like

facebook has removed access to his page and pictures.

here’s the rifle/armor combo–

here’s him winning an award in may for “outstanding student” for non-destructive applied technology–

here’s his loaded magazines two days ago–

truly the strangest aspect of his facebook was the utter boring normality of it. no manifesto, no “goodbye cruel world”, no hint of anything to come unless it might have been in the occasional incel/mgtow meme posts or the self-consciously dank meme posts.

i hope someone takes care of his pet–

18 Likes

Luckily, it’s well known that idiot ammosexuals only ever own just the one firearm.

11 Likes

who’s gonna make the macaroni to keep its feetz warm now?

edit:

the strangest aspect of his facebook was the utter boring normality of it

I don’t know. Parading over a dozen loaded magazines doesn’t strike me as normal - I don’t know any soldiers who carry that many for work.

9 Likes