Meme-obsessed gunman killed after opening fire in Dallas courtroom

Gonna leave this here.

16 Likes

“You can’t save everyone, just try not to be near them when they go off. I have that embroidered on a pillow in my heavily-fortified rec room.”
— Dennis Miller

Some of those “magazines” are for an M16. And there’s only one that I am convinced is real. More and more I think this was a case of suicide by cop.

2 Likes

this is texas, i know personally at least 5 people who have more than that.

3 Likes

Incel/MGTOW meme posts really need to be seen as big red flags indicating that something is very, very wrong with the individual. Especially if he’s also posting pictures of high-powered firearms and their accessories.

And, as usual, the obligatories:

No way to prevent this, cry America’s ammosexuals in response before boring us with technical minutiae.

25 Likes

Time to move your Overton window.

7 Likes

#NoTallWaifuPillows

4 Likes

endarkenment

16 Likes

M-16s and AR-15s use the same magazines. They all look real to me, most of them being the plastic Magpul brand, a Hexmag, and two metal “GI” types.

The guy in the photo on the BoingBoing front page isn’t the guy - he’s some nerd that is unrelated to this incident. (As far as we know.)

For clarity’s sake, this is the image of the shooter circulating in the news (shown if you clicked through).

it is possible since he targeted the Federal Building for suicide by cop - they actually have better armed cops there. He was also a vet, who have higher suicide rates (An Army spokesman confirmed Clyde was a private first class and served as an infantryman in the Army from August 2015 to February 2017. ). But at this point, it’s all speculation and it’s best to hold off on theories.

23 Likes

“Clyde’s Facebook page is otherwise filled with vague warnings of an upcoming attack, conspiracy theories about the U.S. government, memes from far-right internet subcultures like 4chan, and misogynist memes.”

What a shocker there. Now we have a consistent answer to where the shooters “were radicalized” - on 4chan/8chan.

14 Likes

Political death threats are kind of their bailiwick though, and it keeps the local popo from just ignoring it.

8 Likes

This country has yet to deal directly with the problem of American shooters. What a complete and utter failure of leadership.

10 Likes

This is really great!

I have no information on the RPK’s realness status; but the ammunition visible at the top of the magazine he’s holding during his actual shooting looks fairly authentic; and in a way that would impede the feed of airsoft or paintballs or whatnot if it were an imitation. Does seem surprising that a guy with a rifle and the element of surprise didn’t do more damage; but I’m not inclined to bet against the authenticity of what he’s holding here:

6 Likes

Another lovely day in the good ole’ USA.

[note sadly the sarcasm]

8 Likes

33 Likes

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1140691629096853505?s=21y

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1140689122215882752?s=21

10 Likes

Considering the local FBI has infiltrated groups I was a member of and then used informants to throw people in jail for decades and went on a series of intimidation visits to the homes of my friends prior to the RNC, no one on the left in this city is calling the FBI for anything short of seeing a nuke loaded into a van, and even then the call is coming anonymously. My experience with the FBI strongly leads me to believe that any information given to them to try to deal with this guy would instead be handed over to him or some like minded compatriots.

26 Likes

In that pic from the shooting he’s holding a very real AR clone and magazine. I was posting about the pic of him in knight armor with the pillow and bigger rifle, (ETA:) which I have now learned is a meme image and not actually him. But anyway, me being pedantic about guns is kind of a derail in the grand scheme of things.

His eyes look scared.

7 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, he looks like mid-2000s-era John Hodgeman doing a bit about how to ID a mass shooter for the Daily Show.

9 Likes