Even Fox wonders if Trump might drop out of November's presidential election

Wot? Y’mean like this? :crazy_face:

/s

2 Likes

Makes me wonder just how much sensitive information he was given as president of the U.S. and how much of that information will still be intact in his noggin when (yes, when, dammit) he leaves office.

1 Like

He hasn’t learned anything in the last 20 years, and I don’t think that the last 3.5 years is any kind of exception to that rule. And even if, by chance, some fact managed to stick in that fat, orange skull would you believe ANYTHING that he told you?

4 Likes

And at the same time it is far too early to start enjoying the schadenfreude of a Trump loss/withdrawal. There’s a long way to November and a million ways Biden can screw this up. We need to learn the lesson of 2016 and not take a win for granted.

3 Likes

Oh, the line between past prediction and affirming current prediction was not clear to me. Sounded like you were saying Paul Ryan now.

He’s probably the likeliest. Although there are a few contenders who might suddenly get religion. Lindsey Graham might say, “Yeah, yeah, he really is a race-baiting, xenophobic bigot. Please ignore whatever I said before.”

2 Likes

That’s true. But what the hell, I WILL double down, right NOW (it doesn’t cost me anything after all) and say it WILL BE PAUL RYAN.

Here’s my reasoning: by not seeking re-election in 2018, he was “waiting out” the Trump implosion which he figured had to happen. When Trump’s numbers look so bad in September that the party forces him out, Pence is not an alternative (too close), and the rank-and-file conservatives look for a quick replacement. Ryan is ready to be their white knight, unscarred by recent Trump moves but not a Never Trumper. Romney? He voted to kick Trump out, that’s still a step too far and would alienate Trump’s supporters (who still form the base of the party).

If I’m wrong then…it’s just like being wrong at March Madness picks. Pretty much everyone is going to be in the same boat given this insanity.

5 Likes

Maybe there will be a commemorative postage stamp:

5 Likes

He’ll never be put in an actual prison. It would look bad to see him get stabbed, he knows too much classified information (theoretically…if he actually listened to what was told to him) and the elites can’t have him wheeling and dealing against them for leniency. He’ll be exiled to house arrest somewhere, ala Napoleon.

If so it better be self sticking because there’s no way I would lick it, even if it tasted like Cheetos.

But I would appreciate the irony of a US postage stamp of Trump, especially if it’s a “forever” stamp.

(edit)

2 Likes

Which is exactly why he won’t quit, nor will he accept a defeat. I suspect the election won’t be called “officially” for weeks to months after Nov 3. He will invent conspiracies, lie about fraud and basically tantrum until he can’t tantrum no more. I just hope none of his goons decide to go all “boogaloo.”

5 Likes

My understanding was that he could never be bothered to listen to any briefings, or pay any attention to any of the vital information of the day. So, when you toss in his somewhat obvious dementia, it’s unlikely he actually knows anything useful. Or, at least, he probably knows far, far less than Putin already knows about the what’s going on in the US.

4 Likes

Sununu says there’s “no chance” Trump will drop out, but that Trump is "going to be judged in November, not on how the pandemic was handled from January until now. They’re going to be judged on how it’s handled between now and the election.

John, I’ve got some bad news for you…

5 Likes

At this point, I’ll take what I can get. (any of the above)

1 Like

I was going to give props for quoting Mme de Pompadour or paraphrasing Marx.

2 Likes

Do you often pimp people out for favours? Because that shit ain’t cool, even though Trump can go fuck himself sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Never forget that Trump already won once. He can do it again.

Pence has zero charisma, it would be suicidal to run him as a candidate. He’s only VP because the RNC was worried that Trump’s general atheism would be an issue with the evangelical base.

1 Like

Could they substitute? Now pinch-running for Donald Trump it’s Donald Trump Jr.? Same shit different generation.

Or just find anyone named Donald Trump.

Agreed. Yet it’s very likely they would run him anyway. It’s suicidal for any candidate, but Pence can’t decline. Well, he could, but it would be even worse political suicide.