Ever wanted lunch with Bob Odenkirk? This could be your chance

Originally published at: Ever wanted lunch with Bob Odenkirk? This could be your chance | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I have met David Cross. He will challenge you.

4 Likes

Challenge you? Like to a duel?

3 Likes

No, not physically. :neutral_face:

He just does not suffer fools.

4 Likes

If I had the money and lived in California, I would totally bid on doing a crossword puzzle with Natasha Lyonne, which is another one of the auctions.

9 Likes

I could do half that lunch.

1 Like

Anyone want Tom Waits’ hat, signed?

Or a Bill and Ted Script, signed…

2 Likes

David Cross does not seem like fun in person. His comedy is hit or miss for me.

3 Likes

So… if it was 50% off?

1 Like

Is the previous one of these strikes the reason why Cameo became a thing? “pay x bucks for y celebrity to wish your friend | spouse | family member a happy birthday” etc

I dunno, I personally find the idea of paying to eat lunch with a celebrity to be weird. Like would I want to meet any of my favorite musicians as part of some fan club early access premium ticket deal? No, I don’t want to be a parasocial weirdo to them. I know I would. I sent a parasocial weirdo letter to one of my favorite musicians and he actually responded (and I would not be surprised if it was actually him since he’s not THAT famous) and it made me feel unpleasant inside. I’m not very fun backstage, am I.

1 Like

I’ve met Jeff Gardere, aka Dr. Jeff – America’s Psychologist, but that was when we were in B’klyn Tech HS, specifically from when our course curriculums (he in College Prep, I in Aero) happened to overlap. Was he challenging in any way? The opposite: Always uniquely cheerful in his studiousness and instantly disarming in how he interacted with everyone.

1 Like

Would you pay $2,000 for 20 minutes with Sarah Silverman?

That’s a loaded question.

Season 17 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.