David Cross gives hilarious speech at Bob Odenkirk's Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony

Originally published at: David Cross gives hilarious speech at Bob Odenkirk's Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony | Boing Boing

5 Likes

8 Likes

What’s so creamy and delicious is how, the more Cross ironically makes it about himself, you know he’s making it about Odenkirk. One looks forward to Odenkirk’s dedication of Cross’ future star.

Fun Fact: “Winning” a Hollywood Star costs that star a hefty sum: the star is required to personally cough up $55,000. It’s more like a vacation time-share: you’re “given the opportunity to purchase” a Hollywood Star.

7 Likes

Needle Exchange Batman is hoping this wraps up soon so he can get back to his spot.

5 Likes

My reading Wikipedia is that the amount is “payable by the person or entity nominating the recipient”, not the recipient themselves
?

2 Likes

Well, it depends how desperate they are for their “fame”. If they can get a fan club (or corporation) to generate the funds for them, that’s an alternative. But someone has to pay. And not infrequently, it’s the star themself.

shit, i didn’t realize he was a TWO-time winner of the Cable Ace Award. i should give this guy’s work some of my attention.

3 Likes

“When Bob was alive…Sorry, this is last year’s script”.
God I’m a sucker for well done dark humour.

1 Like

“But then, tiring of the cultural and intellectual shallowness of New York City…he moved to Hollywood California!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.