My first impression:

30 Likes

Took me a moment, but that’s beautiful.

7 Likes

If only this worked like a voodoo doll.

23 Likes

Right?

4 Likes

Wow, the Walk of Fame has a much lower bar for inclusion than I thought.

25 Likes

It’s about $20,000, IIRC. No actual talent required.

17 Likes

Well, it is the Walk of Fame, not the Walk of Decent Human Beings.

28 Likes

I thought the same thing.
I hadn’t considered the mute symbol as a subversive symbol before. I like it.

9 Likes

Oh he earned his place on the walk of fame. His services to the television industry predate the latest presidential race.

4 Likes

How the Holy Frack did this no-talent bum get a star on the walk of fame?

1 Like

We discussed this once several months back. I’m too lazy to hunt for it, but I posted a link to the Hollywood Walk of Fame that explains that anyone remotely related to the industry can secure a star with enough cash. Someone up thread posted $20,000, but I think it’s actually quite a bit more.

8 Likes

to me that reads STFU

I wonder why there isn’t one for Hitler, considering it’s a walk of fame?
Somebody needs to make a walk of Infamy. The plaques could all have symbols of a turd.

1 Like

The [quote=“Malarkey, post:11, topic:80494, full:true”]How the Holy Frack did this no-talent bum get a star on the walk of fame?[/quote]

He paid for it.

6 Likes

Yeah, I heard it was more like 60K or something…

1 Like

Here’s the artist in action. (Previously posted here.)

11 Likes

Oh, good. The artist is Norwegian.

I was worried that they were going to trace the person who did it from that video, but it looks like that won’t be a problem.

I seriously doubt they’re going to extradite someone over a case of graffiti.

1 Like

The names in the Walk of Fame have been subject to the most continuous criticism and abuse. These are divided into two classes: those who think the wrong names are included, and those who think their own or some favorite’s name was omitted.

–Hollywood Chamber of Commerce press release, 1961.

…and…

Q: Why is ENTER NAME HERE getting a star?
Because a fan of ENTER NAME HERE submitted a complete nomination form on behalf of ENTER NAME HERE; and among all the names submitted in that year, ENTER NAME HERE was selected in their category.

Q: What is the cost of a Walk of Fame star ceremony?
A: $30,000 upon selection. The money is used to pay for the creation and installation of the star, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame.

– http://www.walkoffame.com/pages/faqs

So, yeah - someone nominated him and paid the $30k. And of course The Donald himself agreed to show up in person to the ceremony, as living nominees must.

It’s a pretty low bar to hurdle. (-:

11 Likes

LOL me too.

Wait - why does hes have a star for TV? Is it for the Apprentice?

1 Like