Trump's Walk of Fame star annihilated with a pickaxe

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/trumps-walk-of-fame-star-ann.html

26 Likes

Where’s the damn “Like” button when you need it?

47 Likes

I liked the one where an artist put up a miniature wall with barbed wire and such.
Or the steaming pile of feces is always a possible 1st Amendment statement with considerable gravitas.

This, maybe anti-productive, but I understand young man, I understand.

43 Likes

It wasn’t me, you didn’t see me, you can’t prove it… (although I wish I had the opportunity)

5 Likes

Felony vandalism? Isn’t that reserved for far more serious stuff, like demolishing buildings that don’t belong to you etc?

Given that this is private property, and basically a small hole, this should be a misdemeanor.
But of course, the politics.

21 Likes

If anyone were to gofundthemselves to erect some heroic statues of this guy, I’d pay for that

11 Likes

As of 6 a.m., he was being processed at the LAPD Hollywood division and booked on felony vandalism.

I’d imagine this was the fellow’s reaction:

A quick Google shows that in CA it’s related to the monetary amount of damage ($400+). However one calculates the cost those stars aren’t cheap.

16 Likes

What a waste of time and effort…

That star is more well protected that the rest, that guy could have went to town on Bill Cosby’s star instead

5 Likes

I heard this guy talking about Iran lately… I wish these Hollywood Elite would stay out of politics…

9 Likes
7 Likes

I AM SPARTACUS

13 Likes

Bill Cosby is, to America, inconsequential.

3 Likes

Looks like a CAT scan of his brain.

1 Like

I was there about 4 months ago. Two piles of dog (I hope) poo and clear evidence of a lot of spit. It was cracked and looked appropriately shabby. Unfortunately, I’m sure that this “attack” will result in a nice shiny new star being put there.

8 Likes

Last guy who did it in January (might be this same guy) was like “yep, that was me doing that” when asked.

2 Likes

we’re far from out of pickaxes.

Maybe the star can get some secret service protection, or even be moved to a safer part of the walk, behind some fences, like mexican children.

35 Likes

Yup. And I’m equally sure it won’t stay nice and shiny for very long. Monkey see, monkey do. Good monkey!

7 Likes

If I were a smart and capable human, I’d instantly drop this into the Likes thread…
Ooohh, that last line.

3 Likes

The brightest star. The best star. A tremendous one.

Just more Fox News talking points for them to berate and ramble about Trump derangement or whatever…

7 Likes

Really there is a trap there.

If FOX News complains it kind of legitimizes Hollywood in a way that would backfire on Trump eventually.

3 Likes