WATCH: Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star destroyed

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/26/watch-trumps-hollywood-walk.html

7 Likes

Solid plan, poor execution?

13 Likes

No biggie. He’ll just buy another.

Edit…just to be clear, he did pay to have his own star.
Edit 2 … Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t.

16 Likes
17 Likes

Does this sort of thing happen regularly to the Walk of Fame? Trump would hardly be the first person to do something deplorable. You’d expect they’d have good security.

7 Likes

Who is next? Cosby’s star? Michael Jackson’s?

Bullshit. You would chip away at the border, not the red star. Hell he even hit the one thing that would be easy to pull out, the medallion. Not that you can auction stolen items legally.

Look - you want to be a renegade vandal against a horrible person’s star, go ahead. Don’t dress it up with some sort of moral pant suit that you wanted to do something more than just break something and appease your base emotions.

33 Likes

Dare to dream, friend, dare to dream!

24 Likes

18 straight seconds of physical labor with no breaks? I am doubting this operative’s cover story…

8 Likes

It’s probably for the best. All that piss had stained it terribly.

35 Likes

Why be mad? Nobody found it plausible to begin with, persons who care about sexual assault wouldn’t want his star, and no legitimate charity would deal in stolen goods.

3 Likes
15 Likes

He was making pretty good headway into a tough job. And thank you very much for your hard work, Sir.

3 Likes

Sadly, this is exactly the type of thing that will mobilize the morons.

Just as a single person doing something deplorable (like wearing an offensive shirt about Sarah Palin, for example) is evidence that the entire left is full of hypocrites, we can safely assume that upside down world is already braying about how this is typical leftist behaviour (as opposed to one moron).

Of course, such logic doesn’t apply in the other direction. David Duke supporting Trump is not/cannot be used to suggest that all Trumpsters are Klan members.

21 Likes

Yeah, er, um, not cool. I hate Orange Shitler as much as the next guy, but this feeds their hate rather than the standard point and laugh method. BB had a couple stories of folks building cute tiny walls around his star, Burritos mb? smeared with feces (you know, like usual)? Driving your taco truck to block off herr Shitler’s skyscrapers is trenchant, driving your truck thru the lobby, not helpful.

ymmv

23 Likes

I’m glad he didn’t injure himself landing that pick axe in his leg or something.

1 Like

Trump’s is the only star that I’m personally aware of that has been under constant attack:

``

``

Despite their respective scandals, there are people who still love & admire MJ and Cosby.

Nobody really loves Trump but Trump.

Not that that makes vandalism ‘okay’; it doesn’t.

I’m just saying your comparison was severely lacking.

26 Likes

Yeah, vandalism as a symbolic partisan gesture is totally counterproductive.

7 Likes

Counter-argument:

10 Likes

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a press conference yet to tell everyone how, in some way, Clinton and the Media Conspiracy must be behind this heinous act. And to announce the lawsuits that will be filed “at the appropriate time”.

10 Likes

Trump always has been an . . . iconoclastic figure.

4 Likes