Everything about this “Beautiful Woman Soldering” stock photo Is wrong

31 Likes

Soldering it’s what the young girl wants
Soldering
Soldering it’s what the young girl needs
Soldering oh yeah

1 Like

I prefer to take the high-value parts like power FETs as first, one by one, with individual soldering iron care. Gives them less of a thermal shock.

A bit of leaded solder to dilute the ecocrap and bring its melting point down doesn’t hurt too.

By me the biggest thing wrong beside the OUCH!!! is the work table isn’t covered in crap like the table of anyone who actually does stuff.

16 Likes

Maybe she has glaucoma?

3 Likes

Slightly related question. Who here pronounces it “soddering”? You know, with a silent L.

10 Likes

Still not a proper stock photo because she’s not laughing at some salad.

5 Likes

“Sodering” because two "d"s results in “sod-dering.”

6 Likes

Aspect ratio is wrong pictures to tall and thin.

And they get points for not making her smile or laugh alone with salad, I guess.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard anyone pronounce the L. I’d probably make fun of them if I did. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It’s a soft-L.

Obviously.

I’ve actually used an old soldering iron similar to the one being depicted to pry something off a circuit board. But I also had a hammer and a pair of pliers to help. I used eye-protection, too.

I was … really annoyed that day.

4 Likes

You do in British English.

9 Likes

Jinx!!

2 Likes

Whenever I need a laugh I check out this blog of Awkward Science Stock Photography

17 Likes

Well, she seems smart enough to be able to drink water at least.
http://imgur.com/gallery/yM8gD

11 Likes

VISUAL SCANNERS REPORT PERFECT RIPE CORN.

18 Likes

Let’s make a monument to the Unknown Solder.

(sorry, I had to get it out of my brain)

13 Likes

I spent too many hours this week looking for full body photos of women in polo shirts and khakis. And, I came up virtually empty. That’s the uniform of so many people, FFS.

The number of female model doing occupation photos is huge, the number normally dressed female models doing occupation is small. Even motherfucking NURSES get abbreviated outfits more than is reasonable. Do people really need more “sexy nurses” than “actual nurses” for real? At least Ms. Cannot-Solder is dressed in a proper shirt, it could have been a bikini top.

And, why, oh why do so many occupation photos feature little children. When I look for a chef image, I don’t mean toddlers in chef hats, I mean adults who cook! Why is that so tough?

I’ve got a bee in my bonnet over it. I ranted last night, but I have leftover spleen, it seems.

It’s definitely better than 15 years ago, when stock photos were stupid expensive, at least in some ways. They are cheap, but bad. Shit-eating grins directly at the camera, awkward posing, it’s amateur hour. I know, perhaps if my budget was in the thousands rather than the tens, I’d have better luck.

12 Likes

Honestly, I think they are shooting glasses. Yellow lenses can help pick out contrasts in shadows better or highly contrasts better. So like a clay pigeon will stand out more against the grassy hill you are shooting into, or a bullseye will stand out more.

We used them in paintball a lot (yellow lenses) as if you played in the woods you could see stuff so much better.

3 Likes