Ex Prime Minister Liz Truss says being compared to the lettuce which remained crisp and edible longer than she was in office wasn't funny

Originally published at: Ex Prime Minister Liz Truss says being compared to the lettuce which remained crisp and edible longer than she was in office wasn't funny | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I think her opinion might be a little biased by coming in second though. What did the lettuce think?

40 Likes

Nah, it was. She deserved the dressing down.

36 Likes

Her salad days were over.

34 Likes

You’re as cold as an iceberg.

25 Likes

Cheap at £65bn the Cos.
She was a Romainer until she saw an opportunity.

19 Likes

I’m sure that there are millions of people who found your time in office neither funny nor a joke; but sure, let’s talk about your feelings like they are somehow relevant.

35 Likes

Both had great ambition but ultimately only one became Caesar.

30 Likes

Liz remains a tosser.

21 Likes

I guess we can add ‘humourless’ to the list of her qualities - alongside ‘economically illiterate’, ‘dogmatic’, ‘devoid of empathy’, ‘charmless’ and plain ‘thick’.

20 Likes

About 99% of the population of the UK are hundreds or thousands of £ a year worse off, because of the financial policies she tried to bring in during her short tenure of office.

13 Likes

She may have voted Romaine, Butterhead was crying “lettuce leaf! from the start.

9 Likes

Of course it was puerile. Puerile AND funny.

11 Likes

[she complained that] “Politics is sort of treated as a branch of the entertainment industry, who’s up, who’s down, who says what about who…”

The sad part is that on this one point she’s absolutely right. Otherwise she’s just absolutely Right.

7 Likes

The only thing not funny about the comparison is Liz Truss.
Lettuce, OTOH, is always good for a chuckle.

Mr Magoo Vintage GIF

8 Likes

I mean, while she was purely out for the public humiliation? I figure that’d be a plus.

6 Likes

Liz, why did you wait until you were out of office to get something right?

10 Likes

At least the lettuce kept its head.

12 Likes

No, Liz. It was objectively funny.

7 Likes

so is mentioning cheese

4 Likes