U.K. Prime Minister Liz Truss resigns

Originally published at: U.K. Prime Minister Liz Truss resigns | Boing Boing

12 Likes

This Thatcher wannabe will go down in history not only for her short tenure as PM but also for achieving the stunning feat of being too incompetent and doctrinaire for even the Tories to countenance for more than two months.

We set out a vision for a low-tax, high-growth economy that would take advantage of Brexit

I said it in the other topic, but I really have to point out again the level of Libertarian delusion contained in this one sentence.

How does any person who claims to be serious and thoughtful (at least one who isn’t a greedpig multi-millionaire) call themselves a Conservative these days?

50 Likes

Move aside Bonar Law, here comes Liz Truss

5 Likes

Congrats lettuce!

70 Likes

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

16 Likes
34 Likes

She will be replaced by another Tory, but hopefully this will be the end of this Tufton Street led shite. The TERs are imploding too, so maybe we will see an end to the far-right culture war policies too?

I have to hope, because the future is too dark without it.

38 Likes

Damn, that was fast; GIGO.

Even Kim K’s first marriage lasted longer than that.

31 Likes

Lettuce for Prime Minister!

More lasting power than Liz, and a better hair cut than BoJo JoJo.

22 Likes

Huh, who knew that a platform built on isolationism wasn’t a magical formula for economic growth.

43 Likes

Isolationism and completely discredited trickle-down economics.

33 Likes

giphy-9

31 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

19 Likes

She’s going to be a fabulous source of trivia questions though (“who was the last British Prime Minister to be appointed by Elizabeth II?” etc.)

25 Likes

Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu-uh!

22 Likes

I SAID GOOD DAY, Mum!

21 Likes

I think John Oliver’s marriage to a head of cabbage lasted longer than her term as PM.

13 Likes

The second year of the three Prime Ministers?

18 Likes

I was going to say that British democracy may be a dumpster fire, but at least it still purges dross in record time. Then I remembered that BoJo hung around stinking up the place for years. Was Truss’s dizzyingly rapid fall due more to her gender than her incompetence, was it her preternatural inability to read the room in any sense at all, or is it just that the Tory party has turned into a full-on weasel pit where no one has anyone’s support any more?

In any case, good riddance, but I shudder to think what Chthonic horror the 1922 Committee is going to vomit up next. The real worry is that they can’t go through very many more PMs before the title eventually falls to Jacob Rees-Mogg, and then it’s game over. Say what you like about Boris, at least he only wanted to take Britain back to the nineteen-fifites.

20 Likes

Issue those PM’s business cards without names, it would be cheaper.

15 Likes