Ex-Senator says GOP Congressman impregnated a staffer. Now he wants to sue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/27/ex-senator-says-gop-congressman-impregnated-a-staffer-now-he-wants-to-sue.html

7 Likes

try the Trump defense. “It wasn’t me that said that he got a staffer pregnant, I said that a lot of people are saying he got a staffer pregnant.”

10 Likes

What a squalid little bunch of irrelevance. Shame on her for stooping. Shame on him if he did it. The rest of us are all dumber and poorer for being party to any of it.

If it isn’t true then he might actually sue. Otherwise he’s just blowing smoke until the headlines move on.

9 Likes

He’s member of the Freedom Caucus, so, regardless, I’d be fine with seeing him go. But the “just a little gossip” tactic doesn’t put the democrat on my good list. Hedging by trying to be cutesy is pathetic. If you believe it, stand behind your word.

10 Likes

"The rumor is that he impregnated a 20-year-old staff person.”

Impregnated; what is he, a face-hugger? Fuckin’ neutral tone again. If you are a Congressman, and your victim is a staffer; that’s rape.

6 Likes

Whoa, easy there tiger. Let’s not rob a 20 year old staffer of her agency. If this was consensual it was not a crime. (If nonconsensual then your conclusion applies of course.)

It is squalid and may be an indicator of a hostile workplace (and constitute failure to maintain appropriate workplace environments under sexual harassment rules and doctrines) but that would be a civil matter.

All assuming this happened at all, which, maybe yes maybe no?

6 Likes

Consent is more than a little murky between boss and employee.

24 Likes

Which is why everyone assumed the rumor must be true, which is what’s really upset him.

5 Likes

THAT’S A LIE!

She’s 21.

3 Likes

Yes, and I hit the like button on your response in fact, but to the extent of criminal culpability? Let’s not assume.

The funniest thing I read in “Hypocrisy Daily” is that the staffer is anti-abortion so is having the baby.

I don’t think that’s how “hypocrisy” works though… the young staffer might be the least awful person in this whole story.

4 Likes

I guess I made the assumption that someone would request her to have an abortion. My mistake.

Which is honestly a little surprising. It’s been SOP for a perfunctory bit of forgiveness from supply side jesus to be sufficient to sort out the (hetero)sexual indiscretions of male right wingers; and surely impregnating an economic subordinate a third your age is a virtue among people who won’t shut up about alpha males and cucks and so on.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.