Excellent video explains real purpose of NFL protests

I don’t know who that guy is, but he was utterly clear, coherent, and commanding.

He doesn’t stand a chance.

1 Like
9 Likes

I was about to say “See? That’s respectful, that’s OK!”

Then I noticed he’s black, so clearly he’s disrespecting the flag he carefully folded in the proper, traditional manner.

10 Likes

There;s a lot of issues with the study but it looked at per encounter so in any given encounter controlling for other circumstances the authors found that there wasn’t a statistically significant difference between white and black subjects. That conclusion isn’t incompatible with the fact that more black people are shot given that black people have more interactions.

1 Like

Randall says it all as usual:

Actually no, that’s not quite the issue at hand here (that issue being diversion from race-based protest by disingenuous whinging about the anthem, the flag, patriotism, etc.)

7 Likes

I suspect he’s just talking about the people on-line he doesn’t like.

Most people who link that xkcd have pretty much that in mind.

As far as I’m concerned, any player has a perfect right to do anything on the field that his contract or the NFL rules do not prohibit.

Football fans who don’t like player protests have a perfect right to follow this player’s advice:

Personally, I have not watched an NFL game in maybe four years, I’m just an amused sideline (sorry!) spectator.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, any player has a perfect right to do anything on the field that his contract or the NFL rules do not prohibit.

I see. So aside from failing to see the irrelevance of that cartoon to the issue at hand, you also don’t get what it’s saying on its own.

That’s one thing we agree on. I have zero interest in watching people inflict brain damage and other lifelong disabilities on each other.

What’s “amusing” to you about these protests and acts of solidarity?

2 Likes

The most amusing part by far has been watching the manic pirouette of the NFL ownership as they simultaneously try to mollify their players and their fans.

1 Like

So… sports fans?

3 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.