Excessive audience participation during "I Will Always Love You" got a musical version of the Bodyguard shut down in Manchester

Originally published at: Excessive audience participation during "I Will Always Love You" got a musical version of the Bodyguard shut down in Manchester | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Video or it didn’t happen.

This is the woman singing, singing is a stretch.

7 Likes

And they say that theater is dead!

6 Likes

“You can’t sing here! This is a Musical!”
– apologies to Dr. Strangelove et. all

16 Likes

Not sure if she pre-gamed before the show, but there’s nothing like a maudlin song to get a drunk crooning.

7 Likes

That was thoroughly delightful, from the bad singing to the scuffle. Is it just me or are we living in a time where people seem to feel more entitled to make themselves the main character in every story? Perhaps I have just been oblivious.

9 Likes

Oof. Nothing could have prepared me for that first video. Absolutely brutal.

2 Likes

Thanks. Now I have that song stuck in my head … awesome :rage:

1 Like

Blimey! It WAS Manchester UK! This one is news to me.
A disruptive audience in Manchester UK! Well I never! (Clutches pearls, ironically.)
I thought it must have been Manchester New Hampshire or Manchester-by-the-sea in Massachusetts. (You guys really need to get your own place names.)
My daughter likes musicals but it was My Fair Lady she went to see last week (with her Mother). My son has a Bandaoke evening prepared for his wedding reception…

I see that disruptive behaviour is on the rise. “The Ugly side of theatre audiences”
But it seems that disruptive behaviour is more commonplace generally. It couldn’t be anything to do with the unpoliced and unmoderated behaviour of our great and good, could it?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.