Two exhausted Madonna fans sue her for playing past their bedtime

Originally published at: Two Madonna fans sue her for playing past their bedtime

2 Likes

i can guarantee that when they clicked to buy, the 700 page contract specified the concert can start at any time, on any day, in any year; or even not at all. can’t imagine this suit will last long

8 Likes

Has she been doing a lot of concerts in Ireland? That’s a typical advertised and actual start time for Dublin, at least.

These guys had better check their tickets for the upcoming performance of John Cage’s ASLAP at St. Burchardi church in Halberstadt, Germany.
February 5, 2024 is coming fast!

Oh, Madonna, madre di Cristo!

“Unconscionable”

I do not think that means what they think it means.

1 Like

By gum, it’s hell gittin’ old, yesirree bob.

1 Like

Some of the best concerts I’ve ever seen started well after midnight.

But I was younger then.

4 Likes

I imagine the inconvenience was very real for a lot of the people in attendance. Catching a bus after 1 AM or finding out you’ll be home hours later than the time than you arranged with a babysitter are real problems.

14 Likes

I’m old and I like taking naps. And, falling asleep to music is enjoyable. Heck I’ve even fell asleep at sports and movies. Yea I’m sorry I snore, but I enjoyed my little nap.

Mildly interested in the lawyer(s) they found willing to take this on. (“The sirens are calling me.”)

2 Likes

Apparently, this isn’t the first time (from 2019)

2 Likes

I’ve never been to a concert that started on time. And nearly all of them took a while for the main act to get on stage with the openers to get done.

3 Likes

absolutely. and yet, it’s also not a movie or a play. it’s not even that uncommon for concerts to run a couple hours late. if you’re going to a big show, it’s kind of up to the person going to plan for contingencies.

and they always had the option of going home. no one forced them to stay

1 Like

If the concertgoers walked out before the show started because it was 2+ hours late, would they be able to get a refund, or were they just SOL? :confused:

2 Likes

If these guys win, I’m suing Jerry Seinfeld who was a bit late to go on stage for one of his shows I went to go see… by about two and half years. He claimed it was because of Covid, but I’m not buying it. I do hope the monetary judgement they get is based on the amount of time she was late (rubs hands together with a greedy grinch-like grin).

1 Like

This wasn’t an isolated case of her being late. She was late for the shows in Antwerp, Amsterdam, Toronto and London are these ones I know for sure.

Shows no respect for your fans if this is the norm I feel

6 Likes

You’d think fans would know this and plan accordingly?

Fans knew that some Grateful Dead shows could last until sunrise the next day.

3 Likes

Which, completely coincidentally, is the duration of an LSD trip. :thinking:

4 Likes

Can’t be fun for the arena staff either - if we were doing a show or a very late event, the boss would be pacing in the control room looking at the clock nearing Midnight and cursing. Means OT for everyone, paid cabs (law here is if your regular shift goes unplanned past 12, they pay for transport home). You’ve also got a conversion crew ready on hand that are now pressed for time to strike her stage and load it out, plus convert venue for next event (hockey, another concert, so on).

The fans might be SOL, but I guarantee there’s a provision in the venue contract to cover those OT costs. My boss was more freaking out about the paperwork and all the staff kvetching than the (recoverable) costs.

edit - had to change a word but glad to see we can still curse in Yiddish.

8 Likes