Excited dog won't stop following a runner who keeps telling him to go home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/07/excited-dog-wont-stop-follow.html

8 Likes

A running hooman? No doggo is gonna pass up that action.

21 Likes

Go Home was his name 'o!

15 Likes

TIL “running vlogger” is a thing.

4 Likes

Self-domesticated wolf pup is gonna do the pack thing :dog:

3 Likes

I dislike running (or even jogging tbh) but this would definitely motivate me to keep going.

1 Like

Then there are more stubborn dogs who don’t quit after 2,5 miles:

5 Likes

Wow, I guess if you are training for a marathon Iowa is a great place to train. No hills as far as the eye can see. I can’t say I miss that landscape at all, though (or running, for that matter).

1 Like

Doggo was just out for his morning run at the same time.

7 Likes

“Hey! Help! Timmy fell in the well! Where are you going?? You’re running the wrong way! Didn’t you hear me?? Timmy fell in the well!! Pay attention! Follow me… wait, that’s the wrong direction! Come back!”

17 Likes

The dog’s like, “Hey, you’re running! We do that too, did you know that? Can I come?”

5 Likes

I mean, there’s hills if you know where to look (pretty much anything close to a body of water will have a good elevation change). But the fact is, when you’re doing marathon training (or any other running training), you actually WANT hills, at least some of the time. Hills let you put stress on different parts of your legs as you go up and down, and running up hills is a great way to get increased intensity with minimal impact.

3 Likes

For my money, there’s no better dog to run with than a border collie or other herding dog. They keep up really well, and if you start to slow down they will start giving you nips at your heels.

9 Likes

With the important caveat that dogs, unlike some of their colleagues, are less interested in actually catching running humans.

The ones who were too disinterested or a little too interested didn’t end up domesticated.

2 Likes

My god, running in Iowa, that must have been about the most exciting thing he’s ever seen.

You didn’t see he went past the Field of Dreams? He practically lives in Heaven

3 Likes

Stick! He’s got a stick!

6 Likes

My wife and I hiked the Fishermen’s Trail in Portugal a few years ago (beautiful and rather deserted in February, highly recommend). The first day was 19km and after about 1k in a dog joined us and pretty much led us for the entire day. It was weird and kinda cool once we realized it was a friendly dog.

5 Likes

bce

5 Likes