Excited to see the vet, a dog high-jumps 45 times in a row

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/24/excited-to-see-the-vet-a-dog.html

6 Likes

Dogs are the best.

9 Likes

I look forward to hearing how, actually, this dog is suffering from extremely serious Canine Red Shoes Syndrome and has just a few painful weeks to live.

Or maybe the vet prescribed oxycontin last time and it just ran out.

4 Likes

That’s one seriously excited dog. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know what this veterinary hospital at Colorado State University does to incite such glee, but this dog, Endo, is jumping really high with excitement

He’s a black lab. I only had to look at the headline to assume it would be. My sister’s gets excited and happy about going to vet, the kennel, anywhere where other doggos would be whimpering in fear.

As she says, the rule of thumb about labrador retrievers is “black = crack, yellow = mellow”.

12 Likes

Maybe he just likes to jump.

3 Likes

Carla, treats, it’s treats.

2 Likes

I don’t know what this veterinary hospital at Colorado State University does to incite such glee

Puppy uppers. Next they’ll have to give him doggie downers…

6 Likes

“I’m not dead yet!”

2 Likes

16 Likes

My dog crawls under the chairs in the waiting room starts nervously shivering and tries to make a break for it if anyone comes in the door. And our vet is really nice.

3 Likes

I did that the day I was released from the Military.

12 Likes

It looks like he’s confused - about the fact his tail rotor is refusing to start - reminds me of someone trying to start a chainsaw with the pull cord!

“Any minute now, imma fly outta this place!”

5 Likes

“He kept doing it, so after about five minutes, I started recording it.”

1 Like

“The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is, I’m the only one!”

10 Likes

Is it possible the dog was just let out after an exam and is hyped to be back with his boss?

My old dog got way excited when I got home from work; I found another way for her to physically express her glee:

clickey here

6 Likes

In local news, dog eats entire bag of jumping beans…

9 Likes

Back in the '80s, we adopted a brindle mutt :dog: who had to be part lab (based on your description). He jumped like this every day, for each family member who came in the door after school or work. He was small, so it made the leaping look even more impressive. He kept trying to lick our faces, but had to jump high enough to reach them first.

I don’t know where he got the energy, but I wish we’d found a way to bottle it!

3 Likes

45? It’s not normally dogs I think of when I hear that number.

1 Like

I had a Collie Shepherd mix that was always excited to go to the vet; he absolutely loved the staff and insisted on going behind the counter and into every room that didn’t have the door latched shut. He told everyone quite loudly how excited he was.
He was very smart, tough, dominant and fearless, and I still miss him dearly more than a decade later.

6 Likes