Exciting: watch water freeze inside an ice cube maker

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/08/exciting-watch-water-freeze-inside-an-ice-cube-maker.html

7 Likes

Go Outside GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

4 Likes

Very informative.

It misses the part where the bin gets full and the mechanism ought to stop making more ice, but doesn’t and forces so much ice into the narrow space that it jams up completely.

Or does that only happen in our freezer?

10 Likes

egads, that’s nearly exactly the model of ice-maker that i’m perpetually having to unstick/motivate to continue working (at great cost to lacerated/frozen digits). precisely as @bashful indicates.

learned that the cheap boroscopes you can get that attach to phones or little LCD screens are basically useless. You need the expensive brand-name stuff with more rigid lines and more powerful lights.

if you ever settle upon a good model boroscope (that still manages not to be quite ‘an arm and a leg’) please let us know! more than many times have wished to see what the hell was going on behind/under/inside something.

3 Likes

For a more technical description of freezing ice, I present:

5 Likes

My freezer has a special ice making machine called me, which is usually very reliable. Sometimes the ice cubes run out when the me is busy or away. In this circumstance there is a backup machine called my daughter, but it has a high failure rate due to some issue with the ice sensors. This may result in the situation known as unpalatably warm cocktails.

9 Likes

For more fun, watch me freeze a soap bubble in 1990!

5 Likes

I came to make the same request. Please tell us!

1 Like

Interesting, but the Tik Tok style narration is annoying. I’d rather watch Alec Watson explain every detail of the mechanism for an hour and a half.

1 Like

Worst enunciation ever. Well, not really the worst, but pretty awful just the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.