Excuse me, might I trouble you to ask what you are listening to on your podcast machine?

Thanks.

Bigfeets

Comedians Brockway and Seanbaby are joined by author Jason Pargin [David Wong] for the only Mountain Monsters podcast officially endorsed by bigfeet.

https://1900hotdog.com/2023/08/podcasting-day-bigfeets-a-new-hot-dog-podcasting-experience-🌭/

Theme by Auralnauts.

I’m down with a cold and found some time to listen to podcasts. The Economist has some interesting recent episodes of Babbage on AI out there. I would rate them 6 out of 10, but can recommend them for a commute or housework chores.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

BBC Sounds reminded me I need to check if there’s a new series of Mark Steel’s in Town. He picks a town, interviews locals and historians and then does a stand-up set to locals.

1 Like

Looks like the perfect companion to Weird House Cinema. I’m in.

1 Like

Oh, neat! Thanks!

A friend of mine wrote this week’s episode of the one I linked to! And did the music!

I used to listen this guys podcast in 00’s. AFAIK this one is popular. It has over 300 episodes…

New True Crime Podcast, “Peter and the Acid King” – the True Story of the Unsolved Death of Punk Icon Peter Ivers

iHeartPodcasts and Imagine Audio today debuted “Peter and the Acid King,” a punk true-crime podcast that takes listeners on a deep dive through the grimy, chaotic world of the Los Angeles punk scene in the early ’80s and the brutal murder of New Wave Theater TV host Peter Ivers, the dynamic performer and artist known for bringing punk rock to TV. Created by Alan Sacks (Du-Beat-E-O, Thrashin, Welcome Back Kotter) and narrated by punk historian and esteemed director Penelope Spheeris (The Decline of Western Civilization, Wayne’s World). Featured guests include Jello Biafra, Mark Mothersbaugh, Tequila Mockingbird, and Ron Howard. In episode one, now live, listeners will get to know Peter and his rise through LA’s punk and new wave scenes, and learn about Spheeris and Sacks’ personal connections to his story. Produced by Imagine Audio with producers from Awfully Nice, Shout! Studios and Alan Sacks Productions.

All Bards Are Bastards: A Cop Rock Podcast by Gamefully Unemployed

Presented by Matt Smith, in this first episode of ABAB our hosts Tom and Dave make a shocking discovery about the tone and quality of Cop Rock.

Cop Rock episodes “Pilot” & “Ill-Gotten Gaines”.

Presented by Matt Smith, in the second episode of ABAB our hosts Tom and Dave continue to be shocked by this oddly progressive 90s cop show as it expands its commentary.

Cop Rock episodes “Happy Mudder’s Day” & “A Three-Corpse Meal”.

Presented by Matt Smith, in the third episode of ABAB our hosts Tom and Dave discuss the many systematic problems of today that Cop Rock amazingly points out.

Cop Rock episodes “The Cocaine Mutiny” & “Oil of Ol’ Lay”.

Presented by Matt Smith, in this fourth episode our hosts continue to be amazed by a show now diving deep into systemic racism and homophobia.

Cop Rock episodes “Cop-a-Feeliac” and “Potts Don’t Fail Me Now”.

Presented by Matt Smith, in this fifth episode, our hosts start to feel the pain of watching the series near an end.

Cop Rock episodes “Marital Blitz” and “No Noose Is Good Noose”.

Presented by Matt Smith, in the FINAL episode our hosts look back on a surprisingly good season of television.

Cop Rock episode “Bang The Potts Slowly”

Most likely not that Matt Smith.

1 Like

I dunno, I don’t think Randy Newman is recording themes for just any old run-of-the-mill podcasters.

Cop Rock… Baby Merchant…

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-12-04/spotify-cancels-two-praised-podcasts-heavyweight-stolen

Spotify Cancels Two Acclaimed Podcasts — ‘Heavyweight,’ ‘Stolen’
Shows will finish out work on current, in-production seasons
Programming decision coincides with company’s latest job cuts

https://nitter.net/ashleyrcarman/status/1731807616802730169

Gröhöm…

Joe Rogan GIF

https://nitter.net/edzitron/status/1737234406681755657

1 Like

2 post limit break.

I think I’m going to give this catcher a try, but I’m happy to hear about other recommendations if anyone has them!

1 Like

15 Minutes In Hell is a quickfire interview podcast focusing on the big issues in tech and its interaction with society, featuring the smartest people in the industry interviewed by PR CEO and Author Ed Zitron.

Better Offline is a weekly show exploring the tech industry’s influence and manipulation of society - and interrogating the growth-at-all-costs future that tech’s elite wants to build.

Combining narrative-form storytelling, one-on-one interviews and panel-based discussions, Better Offline cuts through the buzzwords and obfuscation of the tech industry, investigating and evaluating the schemes and scams of everyone from cryptocurrency scumbags to the greediest of the venture capital elite. Tech industry veteran Ed Zitron and a dynamic coterie of guests will help listeners understand the who, how and why of how tech’s most powerful players are changing the world - for better or for worse.

https://www.betteroffline.com/

Two years ago, Kyle MacLachlan, the star of Twin Peaks, called investigative journalist Joshua Davis with a strange story. Kyle had heard a rumor that Pablo Escobar did a deal in the early 1980s with a remote, coastal Southern town of 300 people. In exchange for vast wealth and limitless cocaine, Escobar would be allowed to land planes and ships in the area. Over the last 24 months, Josh and Kyle investigated the rumor, journeying to Varnamtown to knock on doors and find out what really happens when a firehose of money and cocaine is turned on a small, tight knit community.

2 Likes

Weirdly, I just saw a billboard for this podcast…

It was about 5 or so miles from Stone Mountain park in the city of Stone Mountain…

The last episode of 60 Songs that Explain the 90’s, one of the most entertaining nostalgia podcasts out there, dropped today. The song choice was a bit on the nose.

I just discovered this!

I think I should probably put this in the crafting thread, too?

1 Like