Excuse me, might I trouble you to ask what you are listening to on your podcast machine?

Hey, did you hear that Adam Ganser and I are starting a new podcast about the films of David Lynch?? It’s called LynchPins. And you can get EXTENDED episodes a WEEK early on Nebula. The video podcast drops on YouTube and major podcast platforms on Tuesday, April 23rd. But Nebula subscribers can watch or listen on April 16th. The LynchPins trailer is up on Nebula right now if you want a tease. Check the pinned comment for links to subscribe. Episode 1 covers The Straight Story (1999) so if you haven’t seen it, check it out! And if you haven’t seen it in a long time, now’s your chance to do a rewatch! Every month, we’ll cover a different Lynch film, from his least-Lynchian to his most “Lynch” movie. Whether you’ve found his work hard to get into and you want to better understand the enigmatic auteur, or you’re a super fan, join us!

Maggie Mae Fish is doing a whole podcast about David Lynch!!!

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

If people haven’t seen her videos on Twin Peaks, they are great, as are her other videos…

1 Like

Sixteenth Minute (of Fame) is a weekly show from Jamie Loftus that takes a closer look at the internet’s main characters – one part reported, one part interviews, and one part Jamie collapsing her permanently internet-damaged brain. Whether it’s an enduring meme or a dreaded Character of the Day distinction, it’s the kind of notoriety that often results in little money, unwarranted attention, and a confusing blurred line of consent. What do you do when you get more attention and judgement than any one person is built to handle? The Sixteenth Minute of Fame is the place where we figure that out, putting people in the context of the moment they’ve been frozen inside of.

Some Dare Call It Conspiracy
The podcast that aims to deconstruct and demystify popular conspiracy theories.
After 20 years exploring the world of Conspiracy Culture…
Brent Lee and Neil Sanders are taking their guests & listeners on a guided tour of the Rabbit Hole.
The mission? To discover where the truth lies.

The House of Pod - A Medical Podcast
Humor-adjacent medical podcast hosted by a GI doc [Kaveh Hoda] and friends. Putting the “fun” back in mfunedicine.

I spent a great 45 minutes listening to Rebacca Solnit read her own essay about awful changes in her hometown of San Francisco, and the spiraling outward of tech bro delusion from it that threatens us all.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/podcasts-and-videos/podcasts/the-lrb-podcast/in-the-shadow-of-silicon-valley

The excellent essay she reads:

2 Likes

Listening to the podcast now… she has a lovely, soothing voice…

1 Like