Exoskeleton shorts that amplify running and walking

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/16/exoskeleton-shorts-that-amplif.html

3 Likes

This is awesome, because it means I can get more exercise without gaining unsightly muscle or losing precious fat.

26 Likes

If I’m buying exoskeleton shorts they better amplify more than just running and walking. :wink:

11 Likes

Love to see the internals of the shorts. They look a lot like… well, bike shorts with some borg-like tubes/cables grafted on.

Honestly I think they ought to reach out to cosplayers for some tips on making it look more Borg.

7 Likes

We bought a really nice pedal-assist bike to get our kids around Brooklyn, and I’ve experienced this exact sensation on that.

9 Likes

Exoskeleton Shorts is the name of my new band.

9 Likes

They lost two test subjects when the thrusts-per-minute setting was accidentally dialed up to “maximum Elvis.”

10 Likes

Maximum%20Elvis

17 Likes

Maximum Elvis is the name of my new band.

12 Likes

Do they come in jorts?

10 Likes

This brings to mind those shoes they tried to sell a bunch of years ago - the ones with the inverted bow shaped soles.

1 Like

They opened for Squirrel Nut Zippers a while back no?

10 Likes

Mark II

6 Likes

How to solve the problem:

How can we make it feasible for a soldier to carry 3 times more and deploy 10 miles further on foot, so we don’t have to keep building and defending FOBs.

4 Likes

I don’t see any benefit to these except as some kind of emergency use, like a 100-mile death march. Using them all the time will just make you dependent.

5 Likes

You mean the adult diaper brand? That would be a heck of a cross-branding opportunity!

9 Likes

now reverse it to create more resistance so we can reach peak Jenner butt

4 Likes

Just make ypur soldiers do PT without them. Then they use them deployed.

Heavy artillery makes your M4 seem dinky and useless but soldiers aren’t dependent on howitzers.

The proper doctrine for these kinds of devices is to enable people to do things that’d be impossible otherwise. It’d maybe be life threatening to force a guy to carry a 175lb pack 25 miles in a day. But may be entirely doable with these kinds of exoskeletons.

5 Likes

I dont trust it. trust it not at all…

WRONG

17 Likes

https://youtu.be/4OyIBuF73PQ ?

1 Like