Exotic monitor orientations

Originally published at: Exotic monitor orientations | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Exotic monitor orientations?

No shaming, please - it’s not ‘exotic’. My monitor can claim any sexual orientation it wishes, and be respected for that.

Oh, rotations? I see. :wink:

6 Likes

31 Likes

Needs a fish tank screen saver.

8 Likes

My job involves a lot of cartographic layout work. I use two monitors, one in normal (layout) orientation and one in portrait orientation. The portrait one is also the better way to view websites.

16 Likes

Somebody has way too much time on his hands.

2 Likes

Well, that’s one angle on the subject, I suppose. It has a degree of plausibility.

11 Likes

With a big air bubble in the top corner.

4 Likes

Dual monitors, one landscape and one portrait. Landscaped monitor is always used for screen sharing.

And your tiny laptop monitor can be used for griping via Slack.

I thought everyone knew this?

12 Likes

And a leak in the bottom corner, draining into the bit bucket.

12 Likes

I am sure you are not being at all obtuse. You must be more acute than I have inferred.

Maybe the arc of these exchanges is getting a little protracted. I’ll stop now, before we end up going full circle.

6 Likes

Choose the hypotenuse.

2 Likes

Too square, man, too square. And two squares, too.

3 Likes

Portrait is also superior for reading comics and manga. And it’s really good when you get into arguments on Discord. You can have a browser open on the same screen as Discord while both show a lot of content

2 Likes

I’m inclined to think this is not on the level.

10 Likes

You’ve caught me out. I’ll slope off for now, then. But I may be back for another tilt at it later.

4 Likes

This could work if you could make your desktop have toroidal topology.

Like totally tubular!

2 Likes

but but… that’s only rotation along single axis! Have him report back once they’ve concluded with a full quaternion (“coding head downwards on the chaise lounge, m’self”)

3 Likes

96614ba898205d06c1df3ad2236b90ab

2 Likes