Expelled George Santos looks humiliated as he flees the scene (video)

Originally published at: Santos reacts with humiliation

7 Likes

Weird - usually he loves even the bad attention. I guess it finally sunk in that now he’s not going to get any attention at all (except in court).

11 Likes

The look may also be because the door of the House hit him in the arse on his way out, despite people expressing hope it wouldn’t.

7 Likes

He’s pulled enough cons to know he has to split town before anyone has time to grab their pitchforks.

19 Likes

I’ll bet that a ticket to a country with no extradition treaty was in his pocket and that his first words to his driver were “Airport, please. And step on it!” [Spoiler: the driver will not get the promised “big tip” for doing so.]

6 Likes

Who are the 2 Dems who voted to retain Santos? WTF was their reasoning?

3 Likes

Or a rail.

9 Likes

Was that shame? Did he actually feel embarrassed by his actions? Is there an actual human under that skin?

God I hope so.

4 Likes

In an ideal situation, the movie would end with said driver turning around to reveal himself as the disabled veteran whose dog died because Santos stole the money for its medical bills. Santos wails and pounds his tiny fists against the glass from the back seat, realizing to his horror that the interior door latches have been disabled, and the cab drives off into the distance as the credits roll.

18 Likes

And, hopefully that’s the last we see of him ever.

4 Likes

Let’s hope he shows up in the appropriate number of courtrooms. This isn’t justice for his actions, not by a long shot.

5 Likes

Small-time grifter who bit off more than he could chew. I almost feel sorry for him. I am apparently channeling Raymond Chandler today.

3 Likes

Nah, he’s just sad about losing all those sweet sweet congresscritter perks like a GREAT health care plan and a really nice gym and some others:

• A base annual salary of $174,000
  • Free airport parking
  • Weakened insider trading restrictions
  • Up to 239 days off
  • A better retirement plan
  • Members of Congress fly free
  • Great Death benefits
  • A $1.2 million to $3.3 million allowance

Sad.

9 Likes

He keeps the gym , the coatroom access, and the floor access.

But I bet he’s going to run, and I bet he runs to Russia. We’ll see.

5 Likes

Bye Bye Bai GIF

9 Likes

Yeah, I saw that too. Most former members don’t use that privilege often, but they can make a spectacle of themselves if they choose to. Apparently disgraced former House member David Wu shows up on the House floor from time to time, and Santos is surely even more shameless.

4 Likes

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

Run, Santos, run!

5 Likes

He claims he has dark and dirty information on other members of Congress, and he’s going to use that information. I can only assume this, like everything else he’s ever said, is a lie.

9 Likes

If it’s not, I’m okay if he uses that info on the rest of the far right caucus. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes